Risk & Compliance Associate
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR VACANT WFP VACANT POSITION
Name of post: Ristk & Compliance Associate
Type of contract and level: Fixed Term G6
Duty Station: Tegucigalpa, Honduras
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. They have responsibility for undertaking specialised business support work, such as organisation and coordination of work. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems daily. Job holders are expected to manage resources, and coach and/or coordinate a team of support staff.
To support the Deputy Country Director on all functions related to internal control implementation. The Compliance Associate will give specialized support to the Deputy Country Director, ensuring the embedding of internal controls in the office, and liaising with WFP stakeholders to provide relevant guidance as and when required.
1. Assist in the oversight over the design, implementation, and documentation of the internal control system for financial reporting (established by different divisions, e.g. Finance and Administration, Human Resources, Logistics, and Information and Communication Technologies), including entity-wide controls, and advise on measures for harmonization and continuous improvement.
2. Assist all units in identifying risks and related controls, and advise on selecting the right control activities, owners, and timing. Works with all Programme Units in designing, implementing, and monitoring internal controls over their non-financial processes and systems.
3. Monitor recommendations from internal and external audits, as well as those from oversight missions, and coordinate remediation of deficiencies with the units concerned.
4. Organize training/information sessions for control owners on best practices in terms of compliance of internal controls.
5. Assist in the dissemination of tools for implementing and monitoring internal controls.
6. Clarify and streamline internal control activities across units and field offices, and provide guidance on related roles and responsibilities.
7. Perform any related duties, as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area of business administration, accounting or economy.
Experience: Five or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the areas of relative business stream.
Knowledge and sills:
- Basic understanding of rules and regulations.
- Good communication skills in order to provide specialised business support services to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend areas for improvement to the designand delivery of specialised services.
- Ability to build relationships with a variety of individuals across functions.
- Experience in coordinating the work of others and self and training and supporting others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Fluency in both oral and written communication in the UN language in use at the duty station and in the duty station’s language, if different.
Terms and conditions:
This position is open only for Honduran citizens.
This vacancy is open from January 14, 2020 and close on February 04, 2020
El PMA está comprometido con la diversidad y la inclusión y en proporcionar igualdad de oportunidades de empleo. No discrimina la diversidad de género, edad, educación, nacionalidad, origen étnico, raza, discapacidad, orientación sexual y religión.
El PMA invita particularmente a participar a mujeres calificadas, afrodescendientes y personas de origen indígena.