Requisition ID: req7817
Job Title: IT Officer
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Loikaw, Myanmar
Job Overview/Summary:The IT to assists the IT Manager & Field Coordinator by managing the day-to-day operation of the IT & Operation Unit.
Major Responsibilities:The IT Officer reports to the Field Coordinator and is responsible for managing IT equipment of IRC Myanmar. The position is based in Loikaw Township, with travel to field locations within Kayah State..
IT Infrastructure Duties
- Manage the design, development and installation of information systems in collaboration with the IT department in IRC HQ and Asia Regional Office, in order to ensure compatibility with existing systems.
- Provide technical documentation of all system architecture in use and in development, including network diagrams and Active Directory schema and group policies.
- Review internet connectivity and computer hardware to be compliant with IRC minimum standards in a timely manner.
- Configure, deploy and maintain all network equipment for office; configure all intra-office network protocols in use.
- Develop timeframes and cost plans for acquisition of new equipment or software; provide technical recommendation to requestor on budgetary implications of current and future needs.
- Assist and strategize with Field Coordinator for the design and implementation of Field Office networks, including budgeting and procurement for all network and required computer equipment.
- Strong travel shooting abilities, especially in Networking, System, MS Applications / MS Operation System and virtualization technology
IT Support Duties
- Provide technical assist to staff for all PC hardware, software and associated peripherals.
- Log support requests and document their outcome to assist in the resolution of common queries.
- Install and configure operating systems and IRC-approved software packages to the agreed standards of IRC global operations.
- Maintain existing computer equipment to the agreed standards of IRC global operations by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures.
- Maintain the proper storage of inactive IT assets (computers, printers, UPS’s, etc).
- In consultation with IRC HQ, assist in procurement, including conducting needs assessments.
- Perform and maintain operating systems and office application suites on all user workstations.
- Ensure that security updates are properly being applied and that workstations remain up-to-date.
- Monitor workstation usage to ensure that users remain within the confines of the IRC Myanmar Acceptable Usage Policy.
- Assist in finalizing strategy of emergency IT deployment in emergency disaster response.
- Ensure compliance with IRC HQ IT policy by all computer users.
- Participate and represent as IT department in any IRC MM Operations meetings, any inter-agency IT-related meetings or seminars
- Assist in an IT capacity building for any program-related duties as requested by your supervisors.
- Ensure that all IRC staff remains in compliance with IRC MM Security Policies, IT Acceptable Usage Policy and Mandatory Reporting Policy as it pertains to IT.
- Submit regular progress reports to IT manager and field Coordinator.
- Participate and represent IT department in any IRC MM Operations are full-staff meetings.
- Attend and participate in trainings identified/organized by the supervisor.
- Participate and represent IRC in any inter-agency IT-related meetings or seminars.
- Follow and adapt any new procedures/guidelines designated by Country Director or ICT Coordinator.
- Assist in an IT capacity for any program-related duties as requested by your supervisors. This includes the assistance in producing supplementary program or visibility materials for various IRC programs.
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent of 3 year experience in relevant field.
- A+ Certification and/or MCSE Certification preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience, preferably in complex humanitarian settings.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities, especially in networking, MS Applications and MS Operating Systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Server 2008/2016 and Active Directory.
- Strong technical writing skills, documentation skills, Management and organizational skills.
- Strong hardware deployment/repair skills.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and report-writing skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Willingness to travel and participate in emergency disaster response.
- Adaptability for working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
Myanmar nationals with relevant skills sets and proven experience of working at international level are strongly encouraged.