Administration & Logistic Assistant (m/f/d) - National position
Administration & Logistic Assistant (m/f/d) - National positionMalteser International, the worldwide relief agency of the Order of Malta for humanitarian aid, works in more than 20 countries in Africa, Asia and the Americas for people in need, regardless of their religion, origin or political affiliation. Its mission is to provide emergency relief as well as to implement rehabilitation measures and to facilitate the link between emergency relief and sustainable development. Christian values and the humanitarian principles of impartiality and independence form the basis of its work in the following areas: Relief, Reconstruction & Rehabilitation; Health & Nutrition; Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH); Livelihood & Social Programs and Disaster Risk Reduction.
With its portfolio in Iraq, Malteser International is linking relief, rehabilitation and development and is implementing programs focussing mainly on Health, Protection and Livelihood. Malteser International plans for further growth in the region and is extending its portfolio in terms of geographical reach, sectoral programs and partners.
In support of our work in Iraq, Malteser International is looking for an Administration & Logistic Assistant (m/f/d).
As Administration & Logistic Assistant (m/f/d) under guidance of the Programe Admininstrator, you will work closely together with the Administration Team in Erbil, Iraq, under the overall responsibility of the Program Administrator.
Responsibilities:Procurement / Logistics (40%)
- Ensures proper filing of all relevant logistic documents (hard and soft copy)
- Handle driver’s invoices, arranging them per driver, expense tittle, project car and amount and handing them over to the Logistics Officer and Finance Officers
- Ensure reception and control of procured goods in regard to amount and quality and prepare subsequent payments authorizations in line with established contractual terms
- Ensure compliance with Malteser International logistic guidelines during any procurement and tender processes is adhered
- Maintain an updated list of suppliers, and reference price list
- Ensure all assets are recorded, labelled and captured in the inventory list
- Properly maintain the office stationery and household material stock, and report to Logistic Officer for further procurement request
- Maintain any other tasks which might be required by the Logistics Officers
Administrative including Finance / HR (40%)
- Ensure complete and accurate monthly accountancy is scanned, this has to be shared and coordinated with Finance Officers
- Maintain and distribute phone credit to all staff
- Assist Admin/HR in updating leave record and providing leave balance report on monthly base
- Arrange monthly timesheet for all Erbil staff, and ensure the collection of timesheet after approved by respective supervisor for filing
- Maintain any other tasks which might be required by Finance Officers
- Collect, copy, prepare and file project documentation
- Represent Malteser International towards the local population and authorities, governmental staff, and International NGOs
- Adhere and respect Malteser International guidelines and codes
- Carry out any additional tasks assigned by the Program Administrator or Country Coordinator
- Graduate in Business Administration or any graduate with related diploma
- 1-2 years experiences in administrative work
- Strong commitment to community and experience in community based programmes
- Work as a team and in cooperation with other Malteser International project staffs
- A strong team oriented approach with excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Technical experience in electrical and electronic equipments
- Written and spoken English and Arabic skills are obligatory. Kurdish is an asset
- In position of the Iraqi nationality
- Computer literacy (Windows / MS Office applications)
- Flexibility and ability to change work according to the objectives and to work highly independent
- Experience working within International NGOs is desirable
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Erbil, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
- Duration of contract: 6 months with potential for extension
- Salary according to qualification and experience, including staff benefits
If you are interested in this position, please apply online at our job portal.Kindly submit your application (CV, letter of motivation, copies of diplomas and three professional references) online until January 24th, 2020.
Please note that due to the urgency of this position, applications will be short listed on a regular basis and we may offer this post before the closing date.