Human Resources Coordinator
Duty Station: Yangon
Reporting To: Human Resources and Administration Manager
Direct reports: No direct reports, but supervises HR Officers, HR Assistants
Technical Supervision: HR focal points at field level
Overall purpose of the role:
- Provide overall advice, coordination, and technical support to the Human Resources team
- Ensure efficient support to the field offices in accordance with existing DRC policies and procedures
- Advise and assist managers in Human Resources related issues and concerns
Geographic scope: Area (Myanmar)
This role has a country focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the country. The role contributes to the improvement of DRC HR’s internal procedures and guidelines. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to country operations while overseeing country activities.
Recruitment and Selection
- Oversees and organize recruitment and selection processes for both national and expat positions.
- In case of opening of new projects, the HR Coordinator will prepare recruitment plans in close collaboration with the Heads of departments/Project Managers
- Act as the focal point to receive and review new vacancies and ensures their alignment with the new position structure of DRC (PETT Policy)
- Makes sure that all recruitment activities are compliant with Myanmar recruitment SOP
- Accountable for the quality of the data in the HR Manager talent recruiter system.
Performance and Development
- Supervises a proper onboarding process for all new employees
- Participate in the identification of the learning needs and its compilation in a yearly training plan
- As required, the HR Coordinator will support in managing performance counselling, employee grievances and disciplinary issues
- Support the performance management process
Compensations & benefits
- The HR Coordinator will supervise the entire process of payroll and income tax calculation.
- He/she will conduct regular monthly checks before submitting the payroll to the HR Manager
- On a quarterly basis, he/she will be responsible to review the updated list of staff and dependents used by the insurance company
- Liaise with the Government Revenue Office on all tax aspects according to the fiscal law in Myanmar.
Human Resources Compliance
- Act as the technical Manager for all the HR focal point staff at field level
- Review periodically the quality of the filling of the personal files according to the checklist template
- If requested by the HR Manager, the HR Coordinator will supervise and organize the distribution of tasks among the HR department during Donor audits
- Responsible to ensure that all HR Management workflows and internal processes are compliant with the HR Manual, the HR SOP’s, and the Myanmar labour law.
- The HR Coordinator will be responsible to review the quality of the data entered in the system both at Coordination and field level
- Participate in the design of a Dynamics training plan and its implementation at mission level
- Responsible to organize Dynamics HR light user and heavy user trainings
- Coordinate and technical support to HR Heavy users in order to be in line with the system’s guide lines and manuals
- Follows up technical and functional issues in the system on behalf of Myanmar users
- As a Supervisor he/she may contribute to the recruitment and/or performance appraisal of the HR Team members
- Implements the manager’s decisions through the work of subordinate employees, often playing a role in deciding how to do it; and how to achieve the objective set by the manager.
Any other duties relating to the nature of the job as requested by the Manager.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- At least 3 years' working experience in Human Resources within an NGO
- Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge/experience of Human Resources Management principles, concepts & processes
- Extensive knowledge on local labor law
- Excellent skills in handling and advising on complex people management issues
- Experience in developing Human Resources strategies and policies, and driving implementation
- Experience using online HR systems
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Mandatory: Bachelor degree level education
- Desirable: Master's degree in Human Resource Management, Business, or Social Science Degree specializing in Human Resources
- Full professional proficiency in English
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- HR focal points from the field
- Finance Department Yangon
- Government Revenue Office for income tax
- Other INGO HR networks
- Starting date of employment: As soon as possible
- Competitive salary among non-governmental organization
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After closing date, applications are not to be considered.
Deadline for submission of applications: 29-January-2020
Please be noted that due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview before this date.