Human Factors Trainee
- Type of traineeship: Human Factors Trainee
- Location: Brétigny-sur-Orge
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/INO/ATS - Advanced Traffic Services Unit
- Publication date: 15/01/2020
- Closing date: 12/02/2020
The EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre (EEC) in Brétigny, France carries out Research and Development in Air Traffic Management (ATM).
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation, the service Innovation manages all Agency research & development (R&D) and innovation activities in coordination with other Directorates.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
We are looking for a dynamic trainee who will describe the changes induced by flight-centric control on air-traffic controllers working methods and tools. Also, he will assess the acceptability and impact of these changes on air-traffic management in terms of safety, efficiency, capacity and any other relevant key performance areas.
The trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- State of the art and selection of air traffic controller task model(s);
- Description of flight-centric control tasks using the selected task model(s);
- Identification of expected changes and definition of indicators to assess them
- Assessment of acceptability and impact of the changes (ideally through human in the loop simulation, if not through interviews with operational experts);
- Recommendations in particular terms of mitigation means to support the introduction of new working methods.
For this particular post you need to have a student status.
- An education background in ergonomics, human factors, cognitive ergonomics science , psychology or cognitive science;
- Knowledge of human factors, task model and task description approaches;
- Knowledge of experimental design and operational concept assessment techniques (observations, questionnaires, interviews conduct) would be an asset;
- Awareness of Air traffic Control domain;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. Therefore, candidates must have an excellent command of English and/or French (written and verbal). Additional language knowledge may be an asset;
- Knowledge of Windows pack office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Autonomy and teamwork orientation (listening skills, empathy) would be an asset;
- Scientific approach, analysis and synthetic skills.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.