Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
NRC has been operating in Libya since 2018 with offices in
Tripoli and Benghazi. NRC is providing assistance to Libyan IDPs, returnees and host communities in Benghazi and Tripoli with potential expansion to adjacent districts. NRC Libya is working to deliver variety of programming across the following sectors: Shelter, WASH, and Education. In the course of 2019 options for expanding programming to support the migrant and refuge population will be developed.
Duties and responsibilities
The purpose of the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) officer
is to support the programme teams to implement the projects efficiently and effectively.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the M&E system according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the M&E system.
- Provide regular progress reports to Country Director (CD), Area Manager (AM), Project Development Managers (PDMs) and M&E Coordinator
- Coordinate process to establish and/or standardize program level M&E systems
- Support and contribute to the development of a data management system through documentation, implementation and coordination of standardized information flow of M&E activities and reporting
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by M&E Coordinator
- Support in developing data collection methodology and tools, and in actual data collection, as needed
- Support in data management and development of clear information flow between program and M&E staff
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative field monitoring and verification of project implementation
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported on a timely manner to relevant program and managerial staff
- Provide capacity building and training of program staff on M&E technical and conceptual areas, as needed
- Operationalize the centralized Complaints and Feedback Mechanism (CFM)
- Ensure that all received complaints are registered and recorded in the complaint registration database according to the provided guidelines and coordinate processing and provision of timely response to complaints and feedback, specifically in relation to confidential complaints
- Support programme staff in identifying and addressing all CFM related needs and entrenching feedback loops within programmes in a manner that strengthens the CFM response
Ideal Candidate Profile:
We are seeking a motivated humanitarian professional to join our
team. University graduate preferably in social science, economics,
rural development or in other related fields , with a minimum of 1-2 years of experience from working with project implementation and monitoring position in a humanitarian context, Monitoring and Evaluation capacity and systems development. Experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and/or development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
Computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
Strong analytical and communications skills
Ability to receive and handle confidential and sensitive information (highly approachable, trustworthy and confidential)
Experience and ability to train others and transfer knowledge.
We can offer
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.