2023 - Media Outreach and Communications Specialist, part time 80%
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships with government agencies, business community, international organizations, private sector
- Contributing to the delivery of project activities related to communication, media and public outreach;
- Design, develop and implement media outreach annual workplan; as well as provide recommendations on new feasible solutions for increasing overall visibility of the Projects’ activities
- Maintaining good cooperation and coordination between the MoESTD, media, PR agencies and other key stakeholders;
- Participation at meetings with the project beneficiary and relevant stakeholders and events with media coverage;
- Coordinate the public outreach activities and dissemination of a wide range of information and promotional materials to inform all stakeholders and promote Projects’ activities;
- Build a network and maintain close contact with representatives from print and broadcast mass media at national level; to ensure wide coverage of the events/relevant project activities
- Performing other duties as required by the Project Manager, in relation to communication and media outreach.
- Activities related to the media outreach and visibility of the Project delivered within the acceptable tolerances of time, cost and quality;
- Regular contact with media and PR agencies;
- Regular communication with relevant ministries, other stakeholders and beneficiaries maintained;
- Regular contacts with other members of the expert team and project management team in relation to various communication and visibility issues of the project;
- Reports on deliverables related to the media outreach on the project produced on time in line with quality standards.
- Good communication, coordination and facilitation skills;
- Experience in developing media plan and attaining wide media outreach
- Consistently ensures timeliness and quality of the project outputs;
- Eager to share knowledge and experience;
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced corporate and interpersonal communication skills;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling ethical standards.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, communications or relevant field.
- MA degree would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience in media relations, public relations and communications;
- Experience in managing communication and media outreach activities;
- Experience in implementation of communication strategies and action plans;
- Experience in maintaining good relations with different target groups and stakeholders.
- Excellent understanding of media environment in Serbia;
- Understanding of the current state of play and major development challenges in Serbia;
- Knowledge in the use of computers and office software packages and handling of web-based management systems.
- Excellent communication and representation skills;
- Excellent writing/reporting and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, networking and team building skills.
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken Serbian and English.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.