Southeast Asia Regional Manager
Bangkok (Thailand) | Phnom Penh | Yangon | Hanoi | Ho Chi Minh City | Manila | Jakarta | Kuala Lumpur
Location: Southeast Asia (flexible within the region)
Terms: Full-time with up to 75% travel
D-Rev is seeking an energetic and mission-driven Southeast Asia Regional Manager as we bring high quality medical technologies to low-resource environments around the world. You will lead business development and operations in Southeast Asia. Reporting to the Director of Delivery, you will be a key member of the leadership team and critical to the future success of the organization. The ideal candidate is a hands-on lifelong learner who integrates business expertise and broad technical skills, and thrives working in a fast-paced startup environment. We look for those unique individuals who will join with us to unabashedly and relentlessly close urgent healthcare gaps with medical technology.
D-Rev plans to rapidly expand its portfolio through in-house development, technology acquisitions, and partnerships that promise to address key global health issues. You will be instrumental in executing this strategy by:
- Growing and managing a network of distribution and sales partners in the region
- Developing the regional business case for future product launches
- Building a database of high-impact intervention areas to guide D-Rev’s strategy
- Conducting market research and competitive analyses
- Building relationships and alliances with government officials and other key opinion leaders
- Preparing and delivering presentations to public audiences and stakeholder groups
- Managing reporting and relationships with the US-based senior management
- Sourcing and applying for fundraising opportunities
- Managing regional P&L and budgeting process
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (public health, business, public policy, biomedical, etc.)
- 5+ years of relevant leadership experience
- Proven record of success with relationship management, sales achievement, supply chain, and/or project management
- Experience working in Southeast Asia
- Strong independent work ethic, excitement for frequent regional travel, and nontraditional work schedule
- Strong analytics and communications, including fluency in written and spoken English
- Sector-relevant knowledge in either medical devices or healthcare from previous roles
- Startup experience or demonstrated ability to thrive in low-resource environments
- Experience working with NGOs, government officials, and with public-private partnerships
- Relevant contacts in newborn health in Southeast Asia preferred
- Track record of winning public tenders preferred
- Master’s degree or higher in relevant field preferred (public health, business, public policy, biomedical, etc.)
- Fluency in regional language(s) preferred
D-Rev believes that good health is a human right. The need for quality healthcare spans the economic spectrum. Regardless of where you are from and what you do, health is critical to well-being, productivity, and autonomy. For people to live their best lives, they must be healthy. We exist to design and deliver medical technologies that close the quality healthcare gap for underserved populations.
We are a portfolio design company that prioritizes the user in the development of products, and have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative organizations and the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer. The scaling of our first product, Brilliance, is monumental in global health – it is one of the earliest examples of a nonprofit-developed global health product scaling through the market and impacting the world’s poorest patients. D-Rev now has a portfolio addressing four critical health issues. To date, over 700,000 patients have been treated with a D-Rev device, and we have had sales in 60+ countries.
Over the next three years, D-Rev is expanding our product portfolio to 6+ product lines that will address critical health needs and close the quality gap in newborn health. After that, we will accelerate portfolio expansion to close ten globally critical health gaps by the year 2030, the target year of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and indicate “[Your name] - Southeast Asia Regional Manager” in the subject line of the email by January 31, 2020. Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis.
D-Rev is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. D-Rev encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.