Trainee - IT Engineer – Cloud Based and AI/ML supported Data Preparation, Analysis, Visualisation Tools for ATC simulators
- Type of traineeship: Trainee - IT Engineer – Cloud Based and AI/ML supported Data Preparation, Analysis, Visualisation Tools for ATC simulators
- Location: Brétigny-sur-Orge
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/INO/VIF - Simulation & Validation Infrastructure Unit
- Publication date: 16/01/2020
- Closing date: 16/03/2020
The EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre (EEC) in Brétigny, France carries out Research and Development in Air Traffic Management (ATM).
The Simulation and Validation team is looking for a dynamic trainee to join its team to further develop and improve the data preparation tools for its simulator family.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
The trainee will contribute to the development of new data preparation tools for the EUROCONTROL family of simulators for ATC, airport operations.
This new version will be fully Java based, include more graphical interfaces, based on a fully reorganised structure of the databases and offer user-friendly interfaces and advanced metrics tools.
The trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- Define, design, develop (agile approach) and code new components of the data preparation/analysis/visualisation tool (JAVA);
- Define, select solution to migrate the tools to the Cloud;
- Acquire a sound understanding of the overall architecture of the ATC real-time ESCAPE simulator, and potentially the other simulators (see simulations.eurocontrol.int);
- Develop the new data base architecture for large and multi-platform simulations;
- Draft documentation and user’s manual and, potentially, in the testing of the new components and the training of the users.
From 3 to 6 months.
We are looking for bright students:
- In a masters or bachelors educational programme;
- With a good command of English. Knowing some French would help. Any other language is an advantage;
- With an IT engineering background, ideally with some understanding of air traffic management;
- Who can code in Java and understand data base architecture and graphical user interface;
- Who know how to draft good documentation.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.