Trainee -IT Engineer – Modernisation of Air Traffic Control Simulators with AI/ML and Cloud Based solutions
- Type of traineeship: Trainee -IT Engineer – Modernisation of Air Traffic Control Simulators with AI/ML and Cloud Based solutions
- Location: Brétigny-sur-Orge
- Directorate/Service: DECMA/INO/VIF - Simulation & Validation Infrastructure Unit
- Publication date: 16/01/2020
- Closing date: 16/03/2020
The EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre (EEC) in Brétigny, France carries out Research and Development in Air Traffic Management (ATM).
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation in EEC, the Simulation and Validation team is looking for a dynamic trainee to join its team to further develop and improve the ESCAPE Light simulator.
The trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- Develop AI/ML agents to improve the use of the simulations’ BIG DATA;
- Develop (Agile approach) and code new components (JAVA);
- Acquire a sound understanding of the overall architecture of the ATC real-time ESCAPE simulator, and potentially the other simulators (see simulations.eurocontrol.int);
- Participate in the drafting of documentation and user’s manual and, potentially, in the training of the users from academia or research establishments.
From 3 to 6 months.
We are looking for bright students:
- In a masters or bachelors educational programme;
- With a good command of English. Knowing some French would help. Any other language is an advantage;
- With an IT engineering background, ideally with some understanding of air traffic management;
- Who can code in Java and understand data base architecture and graphical user interface;
- Who know how to draft good documentation.
More info on: simulations.eurocontrol.int
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.