Technical Education Officer-Information Management
Duties and responsibilities
-Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards.
- Ensure compliance with Core Competency strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards.
- Responsible for implementation of technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Responsible for tracking financial expenditures for technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Responsible for technical quality control and monitoring of project activities.
- Ensure project documentation of technical activities of Core Competency project(s).
- Provide technical support and capacity building towards project staff.
- Provide technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote the rights of internally displaced/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
-IF APPLICABLE: Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by implementing partners and/or contractors (plan of action activities, contracts, financial expenditures and project documentation).
- IF APPLICABLE: Conduct quality control and provide technical support to implementing partners and/or contactors.
- Act as the Education focal point for output level data compilation and reporting
- Cooperate with the M&E team on providing feedback regarding context changes that raise new data trends and needs assessments
- Analyse Education output data, including on registration, attendance, completion and learning outcomes and support the Education Project Managers and M&E team with preparation of outcome level data
- Provide support to, and design databases/tools/etc for, data collection exercises conducted by the Education programme in conjunction with M&E, including assessments, outcome monitoring surveys, protection monitoring exercises, needs assessments and other research projects
- Ensure registration data and intake forms as well as reporting sheets are filled out systematically by all field staff
- Support Education Project Managers and the Education Specialist with donor data reporting at a national level on outputs and outcomes
- Ensure quality control and data cleaning of data contained in Education records
- Work in collaboration with the Youth programme Information Management Officer when required
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Core competency expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualification requirement: Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Years of Experience: 3
- Excellent IT and data management skills
- 3 years’ work experience in the fields of data management and reporting
- Knowledge of protection issues and Monitoring and Evaluation processes an advantage
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian context
- Experience in database and M&E tool design
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
We can offer
Contract: till 30th September 2020
Salary: 1347 JOD (Subject to Social Security & Income Tax)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.