Programmes Quality and Development Coordinator
Khartoum (Sudan) | Sudan
Job Title: Programmes Quality and Development Coordinator
Location: Khartoum – Sudan
Duration: 12 months
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the Country Director, the Programme Quality and Development Coordinator (PQD) will assume a leadership role within the SMT and support the Country programmes operation in achieving its Strategic Goals. In particular, the PQD role will focus on the monitoring and evaluation; Reporting; accountability and learning (MEAL and Reporting) functions, while also overseeing the functions related with Communications as well as Complaint Response Mechanisms (CRM) and Safeguarding. Based in Khartoum, the PQD will have senior level MEAL and Reporting Management on one hand and Practical Programmes Development experience on the other.
The PQD under the guidance of the country Director will also assume a leading role and also work closely with the Head of Programmes on many aspects of the design and resourcing of GOAL’s programmes in Sudan.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Directly line manage Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning and Reporting Coordinator (MEAL and Reporting Coordinator - Expat); MEAL and CRM Coordinator (National); and Safeguarding Coordinator (National). And supervise all aspects of their implementation of GOAL Sudan’s MEAL, Reporting and Programmes Development activities and the submission of high-quality donor proposals and reports.
· Contribute to the strategic direction of GOAL Sudan’s Country programme through oversight on programme design, proposal development, monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) and reporting;
· Lead the MEL team to strengthen and maintain a project monitoring and evaluation system, including an effective field reporting system that will enable measurement of progress at output and outcome levels;
· Report to the Country Director and ensure all programme-related Serious Complaint findings are addressed and resolved with relevant programme teams with action plans defined and rolled out.
· Work with the Head of Programmes to ensure effective consideration and mainstreaming of Protection, Child Protection and Gender through all stages of programme design and implementation, working in close coordination with Technical Coordinators, Dublin-based Advisors and other agencies operational in GOAL’s area of intervention.
· Monitor and report progress on Annual Country Plan as well as GOAL Sudan Country Strategic Plan as per set Performance matrix;
· Organize and lead the MEAL Department to conduct Surveys, assessments, evaluations and internal Audits as necessary.
New Business/Programmes Development
· Organize and Lead - under the guidance of the Country Director - Programmes Development Process (Concept note and Proposals) in close coordination with Heads of Programmes, FC and Head of Systems.
· Keep updated Donors Mapping and work with the CD to establish new linkage with potential donors while strengthening the partnership with existing donors through sharing success stories, best practices, periodical meeting to share challenges, plans etc. (under the leadership of the CD);
· Lead the development of High-quality reports to Donors, GOAL HQ etc.
· Lead the development of Case studies, Success stories, best practice
Community Complaint Response Mechanisms and Safeguarding
Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. The PQD Coordinator will lead the team to ensure that GOAL in Sudan has robust CRM and Safeguarding systems in place and functioning.
· As assigned by the Country Director as per Programmes and Operations priorities;
General Description of the Programme
GOAL has been responding to a wide range of humanitarian and development needs in Sudan since 1985 and is currently operational in North Darfur and South Kordofan, with an annual operational budget of $9.5 million. GOAL implements programmes with a focus on nutrition (both Curative and Preventative), Primary Health Care (including full package: Staffing, Medicine, treatment and monitoring and supervision) as well as Health Systems Strengthening (HSS), WASH, Food Security and Livelihoods and literacy and women empowerment, which responds to the protracted humanitarian needs, whilst concurrently planning for, and investing in, longer term development.
General terms and conditions
A commitment to GOAL values and GOAL’s integrity framework is critical to working with GOAL. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
· Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
· Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
· Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
· Children and vulnerable adults who come into contact with GOAL as a result of our activities must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate, and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
Please apply with your updated resume and cover letter using the following link https://www.goalglobal.org/careers/?vacancy=2042042