Senior Advocacy Coordinator Syria
Objective 1: Strengthen Action Against Hunger’s advocacy and policy towards the Syria Crisis.
- Analysis of the key humanitarian challenges related with Syria and Action Against Hunger in particular upon the organisation’s mandate and nature.
- Develop, in coordination with the Mission Coordination Team and the HQ Advocacy Desk Officer a medium-term advocacy strategy for Action Against Hunger regarding Syria. The strategy will have to include a strong risk analysis for Damascus based INGOs, mitigation and protection measures and mapping of funding opportunities and political allies.
- In coordination with Mission Coordination Team and HQ Advocacy Desk Officer, support the implementation of mission’s advocacy programmes for Syria, by participating actively in all forums of interest for Action Against Hunger in the region.
Objective 2: Positioning and Networking
- Active participation and influence of the SIRF AWG in Amman (Syria INGO Regional Forum – Advocacy Group) strategy and positioning in the crisis.
- Liaise with INGO partners bilaterally to develop joint advocacy positions and policy towards the Syria Crisis, especially with DINGOs (Damascus INGOs) based in Amman.
- Maintain regular meetings with donors and the UN, individually or in coalition, to provide Action Against Hunger’s insight of the crisis.
Objective 3: Reporting
- Provide minutes of attended meetings (Advocacy platform, donors, INGOs…)
- Provide monthly reporting to HQ Advocacy Desk Officer on activities
- Update on regular basis the No Hunger Forum (Action Against Hunger intranet) (minutes, relevant information regarding Syria…)
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Bachelors or master degree in law, political science, sociology or similar background;
- Specific studies in humanitarian aid and/or development, International Humanitarian Law;
- Proven knowledge of strategic planning, representation and coordination;
- Knowledge of Action Against Hunger technical sectors, policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated experience in working in Middle East;
- Specific knowledge on advocacy approach, design and implementation techniques;
- Significant experience on advocacy at national level, desirable regional level on the Middle East context;
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in the Humanitarian sector. Three or more years in advocacy or related field;
- Desirable: Experience in negotiation with UN, INGO, donors and coordination forums
- Languages: English fluency, French and Spanish appreciated, Arabic is a plus
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
- Mobility national and international
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months.
- Base: Damascus
- Excellent remuneration package
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
HOW TO APPLY:
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.