Operations Associate, G-6, FT, El Fasher, Siudan
El Fasher (Sudan)
Looking for Operations Associate to provide managerial and technical support in the areas of administration, finance, logistics/supply, and correspondences pertaining to the operations activities and provides clerical support to the Operation Section.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, www.unicef.org/sudan
Sudan, surrounded by the Central African Republic, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Libya and South Sudan, positioned next to East, West, South and North Africa, is surrounded by complex conflicts in an unpredictable, volatile and rapidly evolving region. Sudan is by size the third biggest country in Africa, with a diverse population of around 42 million people. Sudan’s children make up half of the total population, and the past two decades have seen their lives significantly improve: fewer girls and boys are dying before their fifth birthday, primary school attendance is increasing, immunization coverage is high and the country remains polio free. Still, millions of children continue to suffer from protracted conflict in Darfur, the Kordofans, and Blue Nile, from seasonal natural disasters, malnutrition and disease outbreaks, and from under-investment in basic social services. More than three million of Sudan’s school aged children are not in the classroom. UNICEF has been in Sudan since 1952 and continues with a presence in 12 of Sudan’s 18 states.]
How can you make a difference?
Purpose of post
Under the supervision of the Operations Officer, the incumbent provides managerial and technical support in the areas of administrations, finance, logistics/supply, and correspondences pertaining to the operations activities and provides clerical support to the Operation Section.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Assist in monitoring compliance with all the operational systems, rules, regulations and procedures. Establishes relevant internal controls. Ensures accuracy, promptness and appropriateness of information, and reports to the CFO and the Country Office in Khartoum; as relevant, and conducting local market surveys on quarterly basis.
Maintain up to date supply and logistics section’s files/records i.e. company profile, Long term agreements, inspection, in-out correspondence and any subject files related to the Section. Excel Monitoring sheets for purchase orders delivery date and acknowledgement copies; and company profile should be updated on regular basis and shared within the section. Provide support to Programme staff on supply end user monitoring.
- Assists in follow-up on payment requests review, transfer orders distribution to beneficiaries, maintain filing system for payment documents, and assist in reviewing liquidation/ Payment documents, advise and communicate programme for the best document quality.
- Manages the guesthouse and maintains the revenues and expenditures records, and handles the inventory of UNICEF non-expendable property in the office and guest houses.
- Manage the ancillary services staff and provides with evaluation report on a monthly basis.
- Manages the transportation unit and maintains the records of fuel and vehicles’ maintenance tracking register, and assist in managing/maintenance of UNICEF premises, identifies and proposes appropriate office and accommodation, ensure its timely maintained, MOSS/MORSS requirements and standards are met.
- Receive incoming documents, invoices, requests for release of supplies from programme sections at office. Ensure filing or forwarding to warehouse upon stamping of receipt with date on document.
- Maintain staff attendance records and prepare monthly statement to HR unit, Process & monitor drivers’ leaves on VISION, and process drivers over time on monthly basis, and monitor drivers’ Travel Authorizations.
- Maintain an accurate record of petty cash as petty cash custodian.
- Assist in conducting spot check, and report to relevant staff on findings.
- Performs other duties, as required.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by a university degree in Finance & administration is an asset.
- A minimum of six years of relevant professional experience in finance and administration areas
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Good command of English and Arabic languages (Written and oral)
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds, irrespective of gender, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
The functional competencies required for this post are...
- Analysing [I]
- Applying Technical Expertise [II]
- Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
- Planning and Organizing [II]
View our competency framework at
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.