Home Based - May require travel (Home Based)
Location: Home based
The Programme Department is looking for a short-term consultant to contribute to the development of a background paper for the preparation of the High Level European Conference to be held in Vienna in October 2020 provisionally titled: Towards Social Cohesion and Inclusion in Europe: Identifying Best Governmental Structures for sustainable relations between all levels of government and religious communities.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the supervision of the Senior Programme Manager, International Collaborations and Networking, and in close collaboration with the KAICIID Senior Adviser (Knowledge), the Consultant shall provide the following:
- Build a bibliography of academic and other relevant publications on this theme for Europe.
- Literature Review:
- Provide a literature review on this theme for Europe.
- Excel list of organizations and governmental agencies:
- Collect the names of organizations (NGOs, INGOs, IGOs, networks, platforms, and/or foundations, universities or think tanks, etc.) relevant to this theme;
- Collect the names of governmental agencies in Europe that are either responsible for this area and/or that represent such structures.
- Draft of Background Paper:
- Draft a background paper of ca. 10 pages.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A first level degree in social sciences or a relevant field; advanced degree desirable;
- Excellent research and analytical skills;
- Familiarity with the subject;
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, including how to get graphics out of the data;
- Excellent knowledge of at least one bibliographical software (ex: Zotero, EndNote, etc.);
- Very good writing and documentation skills;
- Ability to carry out the bibliographic research in several European languages;
- Ability to filter information in accordance to given guidelines;
- Demonstrating high levels of attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Proficiency in English; additional major European languages would be an asset.
The Consultant is required to start early February 2020 and complete the assignment by the end of March 2020.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
28 January 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.