Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Port Louis (Mauritius)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible.Description of task
Under the overall guidance of the UNDP Resident Representative and under the direct supervision Head of Socio-Economic Development Unit (SEDU) of UNDP, the UNV M & E Officer in collaboration with Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Social Integration is expected to perform following functions:
- In-depth evaluation of existing tools, including operations manuals of Ministry of Social Integration, Social Security and National Solidarity / National Empowerment Foundation (NEF)
- Provides guidance, direction and advice to ensure sound, client-responsive and innovative performance monitoring/management plans.
- Designs and implements systems for the continuous monitoring and evaluation of the projects and programmes of NEF
- Conducts field visits to obtain data in order to inform the design of performance monitoring/management plans where necessary
- National Social Inclusion Foundation Assists in the implementation of IMIS on M&E part
- Implements M&E database, reviewing information collecting procedures and reporting activities (e.g., Scorecard/Dashboard, KPIs, making effective use of the Social Register of Mauritius (SRM’s) Database based on RDI-by-Enumerated Areas, etc.);
- Disseminating online financial information on allocation of funds
- Trains national staff at the level of Ministry of Social Integration, NEF and National Social Inclusion Foundation in appropriate monitoring and evaluation techniques to increase awareness on the importance of monitoring and evaluation and encourage accountability for demonstrating results
- Keeps abreast of monitoring and evaluation practices to ensure adherence to international monitoring and evaluation standards and share good practices
- Prepares and analyses monitoring and evaluation reports for management to assist in its decision-making process
- Links or assists in the linking of evaluation findings to policy formulation, planning and budgetary processes
Other tasks relevant to UNDP IDPSE Project:
- Prepares and submits regular reports to the Head of SEDU including compliance with monitoring and evaluation requirements: quarterly report, annual report, and ad-hoc inputs to Project reports;
- Provides inputs to Project Work Plans relevant to his/her portfolio;
- Participates in Project Meetings/workshops:
- Undertakes relevant works whenever required by the Head of SEDU
University degree (Masters) in one of the social sciences preferably in sociology, project management, economics, or equivalent disciplinesRequired experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum 5 years of relevant national, regional and/or international experience in monitoring and evaluation related to regional development or international development fields.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Previous experience with Enterprise Resources Programmes (ERP) systems desirable.
- Relevant and specific experiences related to project planning and management, risks and general M&E functions.
- Excellent knowledge of M&E tools, procedures and international standards for monitoring of projects and programmes within the context of developmental support programs.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in institutional environment of development cooperation (International NGO’s, UN system, multilateral cooperation, etc.) with preference given to candidates with a wide experience in UN/ UNDP operations.
- Language requirements: The candidate should be bilingual. She/He should have the ability to write and speak English and French
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections
of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink.
Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at
https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to
Application deadline: 30th January 2020