Technical Finance Assistant
team. You must have the ability to work well within a team, yet show the maturity to work
autonomously. An exciting opportunity for anyone who is seeking to reach new heights in their
career, and work for an organization that can offer diversity and great opportunities.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function.
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
- Reports to line manager respective of cash flows and payments in the camps.
- Reconciling cash advances, teachers & labor payments.
- Provide cash assistance to new arrivals from NFI area.
- Carry out regular cash count.
- Ensure sufficient cash in the cash box.
- Prepare voucher and documentation related to cash box.
- Verify supporting documents/timesheets for daily labors and teachers in the
camp and prepare entries and documentation related to camp payments.
- Participate in cash distributions in both camps.
- Assist in the month-end accounting closing process, ensuring the accuracy and
completeness of the ledger and all supporting documentation.
- Preparing and checking documentation for auditors.
- Scanning and filing all transactions related to the camp.
- Supporting finance staff in all locations when needed.
- Any other duties assign by line manager.
Experience from working as a Support Function in a humanitarian/recovery context.
Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
Some knowledge of English.
Two Year Experience
Diploma or equivalent in Accounting and finance.
We can offer
Contract: till 30 September 2020
Duty station: Camps
Salary: 842 JOD "subject to social security"
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.