Requisition ID: req7963
Job Title: Supply Chain Assistant - Warehouse (2 positions)
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Imvepi, Uganda
Reporting to Supply Chain Officer-Warehouse & Logistics, the Supply Chain Assistant-Warehouse is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all warehousing and inventory management functions for IRC’s office in Arua.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Train warehouse staff as required.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Advise the Supply Chain Manager of potential inventory shortages
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Supply Chain Manager of warehouse-specific issues or improvements
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all out going and incoming receipts and activities.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
Goods Reception and Transport
- Assist in receiving all supplies.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
- Responsible for arranging and overseeing the air transportation of goods in accordance with IRC procedures.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program.
- Prioritize air road transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
- Where necessary organize or carry out the transportation of goods to the carrier premises for onward road shipment.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment are signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Manager to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Manager in a timely manner.
- Maintain full and accurate inventory records.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
- Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of Warehouse staff, providing appropriate feedback.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management, a degree in similar field will be an added advantage
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a warehouse Management
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of computers especially spreadsheets (format/sort/filter).
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.