Requisition ID: req7964
Job Title: Procurement Assistant (2 positions)
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Imvepi, Uganda
Reporting to Procurement Officer, the Procurement Assistant is responsible for the efficient procurement of items/services for IRC’s office in Arua. S/He must be able to rapidly procure Program supplies, services and equipment, whilst ensuring best practices and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The implementation and/or maintenance of standard IRC procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that procurement is carried out in accordance to IRC and donor-specific polices.
- Coordination with Procurement Officer to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and full, auditable support documentation.
- Ensuring that a transparent and responsive procurement process is implemented and maintained.
- Ensuring that all Supplies, services and equipment required are delivered in time.
- Establishment and maintenance of ethical, professional working relationships with suppliers.
- Doing regular market survey for regularly purchased items.
- Advise the Procurement Officer of procurement-specific issues or improvements.
- Any other duties or tasked delegated by Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Generate and / or maintain an IRC MPA/MSA Vendor database.
- Generate and/or maintain comprehensive price list for goods, services and equipment purchased by IRC and share with all field staff on weekly basis
- Make sure the BvA system Purchase Requests are properly tracked and updated to help in generating the right BvA
- Produce routine purchase status reports for Procurement Officer, Programs and Finance.
- Maintain the IRC Purchase Request Tracking & Metrics system and submit routine reports to the Supply Chain Manager and Kampala.
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
- Knowledge of generic procurement procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with major donor and local regulations / laws advantageous.
- Three years’ work experience in procurement, at least one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of computers especially spreadsheets.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.