Knowledge and Information Management Officer
Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
• FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
• People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
• All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
• The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The Programme Management Unit (PMU) of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025) facilitates, coordinates and manages all technical and advisory services to be provided by FAO to the Ministry of Environment, Water and Agriculture (MoEWA) of Saudi Arabia. The project 'UTF/SAU/051/SAU Strengthening MoEWA's Capacity to Implement the Sustainable Rural Agricultural Development Programme is the first project that has been approved within the framework of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme (2019-2025). The project will provide technical and advisory assistance to the MoEWA in implementing its flagship sustainable rural agricultural development programme that has recently been approved within the context of the National Transformation Programme of the Saudi Vision 2030. The project expected results will be achieved through the implementation of nine project components\: 1) Development of coffee Arabica production, processing and marketing; 2) Development of beekeeping and honey production; 3) Development of rose production and trade; 4) Development of subtropical fruits production, processing and marketing; 5) Strengthening capacity of small-scale fishers and fish farmers; 6) Strengthening capacity of small-scale livestock herders; 7) Development of rainfed cereal production; 8) Enhancing value addition from smallholdings and rural activities; and 9) Strengthening MoEWA's capacity in sustainable management of rangelands, forests and natural resources to support rural livelihoods.
The incumbent will be part of the PMU of the FAO-Saudi Technical Cooperation Programme in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Support to capacity development for generating information and knowledge on smallholders' farming systems, natural resources, rural labour market and value chain.
Contribute to the development and strengthening of the knowledge and information management's activities in the Organization.
• Contributes towards the design, planning and organization of knowledge and information management as well as knowledge sharing activities;
• Contributes towards and implements strategies for engagement with external partner organizations and relevant FAO technical units, with the objective of establishing functional collaboration mechanisms for the joint development and dissemination of knowledge and information products, as well as capacity development activities;
• Reviews technical lessons learned through the provision of methodological guidance and/or facilitation of multistakeholder workshops with technical units, Decentralized Offices and partner organizations;
• Develops and prepares relevant documentation as well as training materials;
• Supports the preparation and organization of meetings, seminars and workshops, attends coordination meetings and represents FAO in knowledge and information management activity work groups;
• Drafts plans, policies and procedures for the design, implementation and maintenance of knowledge and information management as well as capacity development activities, procedures and systems.
• Identifies and collect required baseline information for the FAO-Saudi technical cooperation programme and its project;
• Leads conducting field surveys for baseline data collection;
• Reviews and assesses existing mechanisms for sharing information, knowledge, tools and experiences on rural agriculture development in Saudi Arabia;
• Benchmarks best practices for sharing information, knowledge, tools and experiences on rural agriculture development and lessons learned from countries with similar context;
• Develops and validates the conceptual framework for the web-based interactive platform for sharing information, knowledge, tools and experiences on sustainable rural agriculture development;
• Forms the exchange subgroup for each commodity for sharing of knowledge on technologies and innovative practices for the commodity;
• Develops an Information and Communication Technologies (ICT)-based users' friendly technology and innovative practices knowledge platform;
• Forms and assigns governance structure for the knowledge platform;
• Trains MoEWA staff and partners on operating and maintaining the knowledge platform;
• Develops a communication plan to disseminate lessons learned and knowledge products;
• Documents and shares lessons learned and knowledge gained from each partnerships.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
• Advanced university degree in knowledge management, communication, social science, journalism, political science or a related field;
• Five years of relevant experience in knowledge and information management and/or outreach in international organizations, or in private enterprises including experience in developing countries;
• Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable;
• Demonstrated experience and proven records of successfully leading agricultural marketing programmes or projects;
• Extent and relevance of experience related to successful implementation and management of technical assistance for capacity strengthening in the field of information and knowledge management;
• Demonstrated capacity to coordinate country level activities and to organize and lead consultative processes involving several partner institutions and stakeholders.
• Extent and relevance of experience in project management including familiarity with the development of results frameworks, logical framework, project work plans and budget;
• Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to write clear and concise reports is considered a strong asset;
• Demonstrated excellent communication and presentation skills and experience working in multicultural environment;
• Working knowledge of Arabic is considered a strong asset.