REGIONAL CONSULTANTS, PROGRAMME CASE STUDIES
to develop one of Series of four KAICIID Regional Programme Case Studies
(multiple consultancies for the respective region)
The King Abdullah International Centre for Interreligious and Intercultural Dialogue (KAICIID), hereinafter also referred to as Centre is an intergovernmental organization that was founded to enable, empower and encourage dialogue among followers of different religions and cultures around the world.
Recognizing the need to foster the exchange of knowledge, best practices and experience in the field of Interreligious Dialogue (IRD), the Dialogue Knowledge Hub (DKH) aims to provide access to a variety of IRD online courses, webinars, digital knowledge resources and networking tools for KAICIID stakeholders, partners and members of the wider IRD community worldwide, as a source to strengthen peace, reconciliation and social cohesion.
Aiming to effectively address the above need, the KAICIID DKH emphasizes the importance of developing a series of in-depth case studies to demonstrate the impact and change occurring through KAICIID programmes and initiatives in its focus regions and countries. The Centre is seeking to engage a Consultant(s) to develop (separate) individual case studies in KAICIID programme countries in 4 regions (Africa, Asia, Arab States, and Europe).
There is also a need to highlight the importance of partners’ long-term commitment and support in complex contexts and conflict affected countries in using IRD for building and strengthening peace and reconciliation.
The in-depth studies shall demonstrate lessons learned and best practices, analyzed and summarized under the umbrella of a Synthesis Report with set of recommendations to guide design of upcoming KAICIID programmes. Furthermore, the study shall exhibit the change KAICIID programmes and interventions have brought about in the development of IRD policies, strategies, plans and programmes at regional and national levels.
Under the direct supervision of the Lead Consultant for the series of four KAICIID Regional Programme Case Studies and Synthesis Report, and in coordination with the Senior Programme Manager, DKH and the the Programme Manager, Online Resources together with input from and consultation with requisite country Programme Managers, Country Experts and relevant stakeholders as directed regarding content, the Regional Consultant shall prepare and deliver one of four KAICIID regional programme case studies through a desktop research, to include:
- Desktop research;
- Data collection & analysis;
- Written Case Study following given structure setting out issues and tendencies concerning interreligious dialogue with regards to KAICIID’s proposed approach and programme implementation, results achieved, lessons learned, identified principles and practices which contributed to the success; conclusion.
The Series and the Synthesis Report shall complement the KAICIID Annual Report and other relevant KAICIID IRD guidebooks, training materials content and publications. The purpose of the Consultancy is to conduct desk top research to prepare four KAICIID regional programme case studies and a synthesis report.
REPORTING AND TIMELINE
The Consultant shall submit in English the following deliverables in a form of an email or personal and skype meetings with the Lead Consultant for the series, the Senior Programme Manager, DKH, Programme Manager, Online Resources and Senior Adviser, Knowledge:
- Finalised Research & Methodology Plan;
- Finalised regional programme case study for one of the following four regions:
- Nigeria Country Programme: Interfaith Dialogue Forum for Peace (IDPC) Five Advocacy visits to Flashpoint States;
- Arab States Regional Programme: Syria Initiative – Towards a Homeland immune to Hate Speech;
- Asia Regional Programme: Supporting Inclusive Dialogue in Asia: Myanmar’s IRD Training Centre);
- Europe Regional Programme: Network for Dialogue: Empowering Interreligious and Intercultural Actions for Social Inclusion of Refugees and Migrants in Europe.
- Monthly Progress Reports;
- Regular Bi-weekly progress update Personal (if based in Austria) or Skype meetings with KOR Programme Manager;
- Final Consultancy Summary Report with Recommendations.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- An advanced university degree in social sciences such as political science, sociology or related field; a completed or ongoing PhD studies in the required fields would be an asset;
- At least 5 years of experience in conducting research and developing publications and case studies in the field of IRD, Peacebuilding Reconciliation and Building Social Cohesion;
- Excellent research and analytical skills using statistical and/or qualitative data processing software; preferably in developing case studies and synthesis report;
- Excellent oral and written command of English;
- Excellent writing and documentation skills;
- Demonstrating high levels of attention to detail.
The Consultant is required to start late February 2020 and complete the assignment by the end of July 2020.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
9 February 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload your CV along with a cover letter indicating the Region you apply for. As part of the cover letter, applicants are invited to submit all relevant publications and case studies from past experience. In addition you should indicate the expected compensation/your daily rate.
Only short-listed candidates will be further contacted by KAICIID.
KAICIID is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.