||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position
Under general guidance of the Chief of Mission (COM) and under the direct supervision of the Project Manager CS, the Field Coordinator will be responsible in assisting in and ensuring that community engagement and coordination, project planning and project implementation are on track.
- Support the Community Stabilization Project Officer and the CSO consultant in planning and managing the Community Stabilization Project portfolio in close coordination with relevant Project partners, such as governmental authorities, national and international agencies and diplomatic missions, working groups and partner NGOs.
- Provide technical inputs for the effective implementation of the projects through developing work plans, objectives, and plans for monitoring and evaluation of the process, and resolving all challenges that arise in the process.
- Coordinate and submit weekly administrative (Procurement, Engineering and M&E) updates to project management of all ongoing and planned activities. Flag any issues that may impede smooth activity implementation.
- Coordinate and supervise the timely completion, filing and upload into the online portal of all grant documentations i.e. grant startup, procurement, engineering, monitoring & evaluation and completion and handover documents.
- Coordinate the drafting and review of activity concept notes, midterm reviews and end of activity reports of all grants in their area of supervision.
- Identify risks and challenges to the ongoing operations of the projects and provide advice to the Project Officer and implementing partners on mitigation strategies.
- Provide update to the Community Stabilization Project Officer and CSO consultant on progress and, where relevant, additional needs in relation to the project implementation and follow up activities.
- Assist in liaison work with local government officials with the aim of fostering closer working relationships in the implementation of the community stabilization activities
- Assist in the effective implementation of the overall Community stabilization activities and other livelihood program activities in the Sabha area in order to ensure the delivery of planned assistance to the beneficiaries within the timeframe
- Conduct regular field visits and provide recommendations for effective and efficient implementation of the activities
- Support Community Stabilization Officer and CSO consultant in ensuring that synergies are built with active programs in Libya in order to synchronize all the activities carried out under different service areas.
- Provide the CS Unit with all relevant project documents, forms and tracking tools, duly completed and detailed.
- Support the CS Unit in ensuring that IOM standard procurement, logistics and financial procedures are duly applied in the implementation of the community stabilization project.
- Explore cooperation and partnership with private sector to pull additional resources for the project and also facilitate the external referral mechanism.
- Coordinate with partners in the development and implementation of capacity building activities for staff, beneficiaries, community structures’ members and government institutions staff related to community stabilization.
- Coordinate with partner NGOs, community representatives and local government officials the preparation and implementation of the basic infrastructure activities.
- Coordinate and plan the collection of successful stories of the beneficiaries and share with PI unit.
Perform other such duties as may be assigned.
Accepts and gives constructive criticism
Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
Monitors own work to correct errors
Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
Contributes to colleagues' learning
Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
Actively shares relevant information
Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended
Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the
Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and
promotes equal gender participation
Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to
relevant cultural contexts
Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration
Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team
Contributes to, and follows team objectives
Gives credit where credit is due
Seeks input and feedback from others
Actively supports and implements final group decisions