Surveillance Radio-Frequency analysis Trainee
- Type of traineeship: Surveillance Radio-Frequency analysis Trainee
- Location: Brussels
- Directorate/Service: NMD/INF/CNS - Integrated CNS Unit
- Publication date: 27/01/2020
- Closing date: 24/02/2020
Within the Network Management Directorate, the infrastructure division team manages European infrastructure deployment projects and programmes, and monitors infrastructure performance. The Surveillance (part of the iCNS - integrated communication, navigation, surveillance unit) team helps stakeholders to ensure that their surveillance requirements are addressed and that aeronautical surveillance remains fit for purpose, now and in the future. Working closely with an extensive range of stakeholders including air navigation service providers, aircraft operators, industrial partners for airframes, avionic components and ground-based infrastructure, as well as international organisations and standardisation bodies.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
The trainee will support the surveillance monitoring data collection and management and perform specific analysis on surveillance interoperability, performance and efficiency.
Under the continuous supervision, support and coaching of a mentor, the trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- Developing tools to collect and merge surveillance RF data from different sources and data formats;
- Analysing the collected RF data to determine the performance of monitoring systems;
- Analysing specific issues on RF or surveillance avionics;
- Analysing RF signal properties of different aircraft (transmission frequency, Doppler effect etc.).
From 6 to 12 months.
We are looking for:
- Telecommunication, aviation, physics, mathematics or computer science education background;
- Good scripting/programming and analytical skills;
- Digital signal processing skills would be an asset.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, age, disability, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, religion or belief, marital or parental status and sexual orientation.
In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics.
- Only the candidates who will be invited for an interview/test will be informed of the outcome of the selection.