Senior Procurement Assistant
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health priorities, sustainable development agendas and harmonized with the United Nations country teams and partners to improve health outcomes and progress towards achieving Universal Health Coverage.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties\:
1. Prepare and update procurement plans of the Country Office in coordination with technical and emergency units, with a particular focus on large-scale health commodity procurements.
2. Identify the proper procurement method and potential suppliers in health sector, issue offer solicitations, communicate and negotiate with suppliers when needed.
3. Evaluate and analyze the received offers and recommend the awarded suppliers.
4. Ensure that the prices are reasonable and that the technical/admin clearances are obtained.
5. Prepare the adjudication reports with recommendations for review and approval.
6. Create and process requisitions for both catalogue and non-catalogue items in an efficient manner, monitor status of procurements and ensure timely process of requests and delivery of goods and services. Initiate purchase order amendments when required, provide justification and upload supporting documents in ECM.
7. Ensure adherence to the standard WHO guidelines on procurement, accuracy of information, completion of required supporting documents and check availability of funds.
8. Prepare requests for price estimates for non-catalogue items, obtain estimated costs from the Regional Logistics and Supply Unit or HQ, and implement related procurement decisions taken by technical units and supervisor.
9. Provide technical units and country office with the estimate cost of needed supplies/services to estimate their budgets.
10. Arrange for the meetings of the Country Procurement Committee by identifying with partners suitable dates, compiling and disseminating necessary background documents related to the cases to be presented.
11. Maintain and update the suppliers' database including completion of the supplier evaluation forms for all suppliers contracted by WHO Jordan office.
12. Generate procurement reports and briefings on the status of all transactions for the review of the supervisor. Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries, alert supervisor/technical units of any gaps in the transactions, and recommend solutions.
13. Coordinate Logistical arrangements for transporting and entering goods into Jordan.
14. Execute customs clearance administrative and logistical arrangements for importing good and releasing them to be handed over to the requestor.
15. Support the logistic work arrangements and organization of conferences, seminars, meetings and other events implemented.
Essential\: Completion of secondary school education supplemented by training in procurement/logistics/supply chain management.
Desirable\: University degree in business administration, procurement/logistics/supply chain management, social sciences or a related field is an asset.
Essential\: At least 8 years of relevant experience (processing, transactions, service centre or other business) of which at least 2 years exposure to procurement / shipping activities.
Desirable\: Relevant experience in the UN system, experience in large scale of procurement in health sector.
- Ability to work independently, manage and prioritize in difficult and complex situations and especially under pressure.
- Proven knowledge of procurement regulations and procedures.
- Proven problem solving and analytical capacity and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to document and communicate, in both verbal and written form, to various levels in the organization including senior management.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills.
- Very good organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Knowing and managing yourself
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential\: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of local language.
Desirable\: Intermediate knowledge of French.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at JOD 18,034 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link\: http\://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- Staff members in other duty stations are encouraged to apply.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit\: http\://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO's workforce adheres to the WHO Values Charter and is committed to put the WHO Values into practice.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
- For assessment of your application, please ensure that your profile on Stellis is updated; all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time. Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.