Protection Team Leader- Case Management
Duty Station: Lashio Base, Northern Shan State
Reporting to: Project Manager- Protection
Line Manager for: Case Workers
Overall purpose of the role:
The Protection Team Leader – Case Management works as part of the DRC's Protection Team, under the leadership, support, and guidance and direct supervision of the Project Manager - Protection. He/she is responsible for supporting the implementation of Case Management as a sector of of DRC’s Protection activities in Northern Shan State.
Geographic scope: Area (Northern Shan)
This role has an area focus and ensures compliance to DRC procedures and guidelines within the area. The role contributes to the development of area strategies, which are translated into action plans and day-to-day tasks. The role provides support and/or technical guidance to case workers. The role is intended to have 40% office presence and 60% field presence.
Programming & Operations
- Support and provide technical guidance to case workers in the identification, registration and response to protection cases.
- Ensure that the most urgent issues are brought to the attention of the Project Manager - Protection
- Be responsible for the referral of cases to other agencies. Establish and develop relationships with other agencies’ focal points. Establish and maintain internal and external referral pathways
- Conduct weekly case management meetings or case conference meeting with case workers (and monthly meetings with the Project Manager – Protection) to share updates and discuss the way forward.
- Ensure confidential handling of individual case files and databases.
- Ensure that project activities related to case management are carried out in accordance with relevant DRC standards, guidelines and SOPs, DRC Code of Conduct and in coordination with relevant actors in the field.
- Maintain and update case management database and produce regular internal reports on cases and referrals.
- Prepare internal weekly protection reports/trackers to be submitted to the Project Manager - Protection; these reports should summarize case management activities carried out by the case workers and underline key weekly findings;
- Regularly liaise with the DRC Information Management Assistant and MEAL Officer and ensure the accurate management of data records and trackers.
- Facilitate close coordination with other protection agencies, communities and other relevant stakeholders on project activities as needed.
- Support the Project Manager - Protection with ongoing coordination with relevant stakeholders at local and state level and provide necessary information to support external representation of the program.
- Provide day to day on-job training or TOT training to case management staff.
- Perform regular monitoring visits to the project implementing fields as necessary
- Assess protection needs of vulnerable beneficiaries and gaps in service provision in targeted camps or conflict affected villages on a regular basis and use this information to inform programming and adapt activities subsequently
- Monitor project progress regularly, report and consult with the Project Manager - Protection if any modification is needed
- Produce project activity report and field monitoring reports in a timely manner.
- Provide the Project Manager - Protection detailed and accurate inputs to fulfil project technical and financial reorting requirements.
- Support the Project Manager - Protection / M&E staff to ensure agreed targets are met and project outcomes are achieved within timeframe.
- Monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-up for case management
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas
- Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by Line Manager and / or Area Manager.
- Ensure adherence to DRC/DDG’s national staff policy guidelines.
- Comply with DRC/DDG’s Code of Conduct at all times.
- Support in induction process for new staff where relevant.
- Ensure compliance with MOSS (minimum operating security standards) and provide constructive input into safety / security discussions for field level operations.
*Perform any other relevant tasks as requested by the Line Manager, Protection Coordinator, Protection Trainee and / or Programme Manage.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience in sector area working for an INGO
- Relevant field experiences and strong technical skill on Case management
- Excellent skill in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Understanding of operational context in Northern Shan State
- Strong organizational skill, leadership skill and attention to details.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
- Relevant university degree (e.g. political science, international development, or economics) or equivalent professional qualification.
Languages: (indicate fluency level)
- Fluency in Burmese language, English and additional local languages would be an asset.
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in the field and liaise with relevant authorities and individuals to ensure a smooth implementation of activities;
- Starting date of employment: ASAP.
- Contract: Regular DRC staff contract, including a probation period of 3 months.
- Salary: Competitive salary according to DRC Myanmar salary scale.
This position is open for Myanmar Nationals only. DRC strongly advocates for equal opportunity and promotes a diversified and inspiring working environment. Therefore, qualified candidates of ethnic minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants who meet the above-mentioned requirements should apply by submitting their applications in English (consisting of Cover Letter and CV of no more than 4 pages, including contact details of 3 professional references) and apply button.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted for a written test in English and a face to face interview.
- After closing date, applications are not to be considered.
Deadline for submission of applications: 17-Feb-2020
Please be noted that due to the urgency of the position, DRC will review applications on a rolling basis and candidates may be invited to test/interview before this date.