Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of Head of Service Center or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Procurement Officer will:
be mainly working on the evaluation of RFQs, ITBs and RFPs but s/he is also expected to as a procurement staff and provide support to the procurement activities of the CO by performing the following tasks:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; elaboration of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system;
- Contribution to the CO procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit, harmonization of the workflows in the office;
- Contribution to elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies;
- Contribution to conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers, management of the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment;
- Contribution to conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- Preparation and launching of RFQ, ITB or RFP
- Establishment and implementation of proper monitoring system and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt and evaluation of quotations, bids or proposals, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Support the establishment of the supplier database and continuous evaluation of supplier performances, including the management of pre-qualification process.
- Manage bidding processes, bid evaluations, supplier selections and prepare submissions seeking approval for the contract award.
- Perform evaluations of the bids, RFPs and provide further support to the evaluation panels, when requested.
- Support the evaluation panels by acting secretary of the evaluation panels.
- Management of the e-procurement system under the leadership of CO Procurement Unit Team Leader.
- Contribution to the lessons learned and best practices in Procurement;
- Any other related tasks as may be required or assigned by the supervisor.
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Engineering or any other relevant fieldRequired experience: 60 Months Experience remark:
- At least 5 years of professional work experience (the UNDP CO may also accept seven years relevant experience with a secondary school certificate in procurements) at the national and/or international level in procurement or administrative jobs, or other relevant programmes; experience with working in the UN or other international development organization as an asset;
- At least two years of relevant experience in a crisis country situation (at a national or international level) is required.
- CIPS certification is highly desired and a distinct advantage;
- Excellent oral and written skills; excellent drafting, formulation, reporting skills;
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment
- Have affinity with or interest in UNDP goals, volunteerism as a mechanism for durable development, and the UN System.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Arabic(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of
your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly,
select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage
and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 17 February 2020