IUNV Expert, Oe-Cusse Project Manager.
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
Under the supervision of the CTA for Local Development, the Project Manager will be responsible for the following key functions:
1) Effective project coordination focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Day-to-day operational management of the project including work planning, resource allocation and financial supervision, and general oversight and risk management, and reporting on implementation of activities;
• Building of national capacity for project implementation, management, monitoring;
• Daily monitoring of implementation of project activities, workload management and performance assessment, ensuring that the project produces the results to the required standards of quality within the specified constraints of time and cost described in the project document;
• Preparations of Terms of References and involvement in design of all project related events such as training (curricula, courses, schedules), study tours, conferences and workshops;
• Drafting Terms of Reference for recruitment of consultants and advisors, provision of advice and support to national institutions on the identification, selection and approval of such advisors and consultants;
• Supervise overall administration of the project;
• Supervise and give constructive feedback of the work of all project support staff, provide the overall direction of the project, and motivate the project team;
• Revision and monitoring of the overall management, performance and progress of the project by preparing indicators to monitor progress on the project document;
• Contribute to the development of a Monitoring and Evaluation framework for the project that reflects progress on the sector in general;
• Reporting to management and donors on progress and achievement of results in consultation with the Democratic Governance Unit and resource mobilization
2) Ensure strategic direction of Operations within the project management include:
- Manage financial, human resources, procurement and logistical support of the project
- Ensure full compliance of operations with UNDP rules and regulations
- Review purchase orders and requisitions to ensure these are in accordance with the AWP;
- Liaise with UNDP Country Office to ensure that project management Unit staff are kept informed of UNDP Policy and Procedures;
- Engage in strategic learning, planning and advocacy activities for ZEESM TL project in Oé-Cusse. More specifically, the Project Manager is responsible for:
- Results based reporting of project progress through timely submission of Quarterly Annual Report to Project Director and UNDP.
- Developing an advocacy strategy for ZEESM project in collaboration with the UNDP Country Office.
- Liaising regularly with the Project Director in Oe-Cusse for Project information sharing.
- Training project support team working in project management unit
- Capture lessons learnt during project implementation – a lessons learnt log can be used in this regard
- Prepare reports and communication materials in coordination with local technicians;
- Liaise with other international institutions to coordinate technical cooperation agreements in order to bring new knowledge to the region.
International cooperation or International RelationsRequired experience: 48 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum three (3) years of professional experience in project coordination;
- Minimum 4 years of experience on local development projects, political analysis, etc.
- Proven programming, operations and project management experience with UNDP at a senior level required;
- Substantial work experience in a government context desirable;
- Experience of working in developing and post-conflict country environment and rural areas is highly desirable;
- Excellent drafting and communication skills; Ability to work effectively with MS office.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Project managemen and coordination.
- resource mobilisation
- working with government.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 16 February 2020