Administrative Assistant- Reception (60%)
Post Number : IEP 102
Grade : G-4
Parent Sector : Administration
Duty Station: Paris, France
Job Family: International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP-UNESCO)
Type of contract : Project Appointment
Duration of contract : One year with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds and satisfactory performance
Recruitment open to : Internal and external candidates (Only candidates entitled to work in France may apply for this post)
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 29 February 2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
As the only specialized organization with the mandate to support educational policy, planning and management, the UNESCO International Institute for Educational Planning (IIEP) plays a unique role within the United Nations system. IIEP was established in 1963 as an integral part of UNESCO. It supports ministries of education around the world and other key actors to plan and manage education systems through its programmes of training, technical assistance, policy research and knowledge sharing. IIEP also includes the IIEP Pole de Dakar and Buenos Aires Offices.
This position is located in IIEP’s Administration Unit.OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
Under the overall authority of the Director of IIEP, the Administrative Officer (AO) and the direct supervision of the Human Resources Officer and within the framework of the Institute’s Medium-Term Strategy, the Administrative Assistant (Reception) provides a whole range of Front Office services to meet the needs of external and internal clients. The incumbent is the first point of contact with IIEP and therefore projects a dignified, professional and welcoming demeanour to support the work of the Institute and to consistently maintain its good name and image. More particularly, the incumbent:
- Manages the Institute Switchboard with utmost telephonic etiquette and provides first level responses to inquiries and/or directs them to the appropriate recipients.
- Maintains an accurate and complete record of all incoming and outgoing calls and provides management reports on demand.
- Provides professional client services by receiving visitors and guests to IIEP with utmost courtesy and consideration, answering their inquiries and/or directing them to the right Office/Unit.
- Receives and assists Advanced Training Programme (ATP) participants and others attending social and business events taking place on IIEP premises.
- Maintains an accurate and up- to-date log of visitors and users of the Cafeteria and ensures they have valid building passes
- Receives and processes business and personal packages and mail and when necessary, seeks guidance from the Building Assistants before delivery to recipients.
- Maintains the Front Office area and inventory in a clean and professional condition to preserve the image of the Institute and makes recommendations for improvements when necessary.
- Liaises closely with the Building Maintenance Assistants and strictly applies the Institute’s security guidelines and procedures.
- Maintains strict confidentiality with respect internal and external client information.
• Secondary, technical or vocational school Diploma.
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in a reception or similar environment, preferably in a medium to large side international working environment.
Skills and competencies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Professional, diplomatic, cheerful, positive and collaborative attitude.
• Demonstrable customer care skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
• Demonstrable ability to handle tasks with accuracy and professionalism.
• Able to exercise sound judgment and work both independently and as part of a team.
• Identifies and recommend new processes and procedures in response to changing needs.
• Proficiency with Front Office communication technologies and MS Office Suite.
• Excellent knowledge of English and French.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS
• Qualification in Customer Care.
• Good knowledge of Spanish.BENEFITS AND ENTITLEMENTS
UNESCO’s salaries consist of a basic salary and other benefits which may include if applicable: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, medical insurance, pension plan etc.
Evaluation of qualified applicants may include an assessment exercise and a competency-based interview.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO is committed to achieve and sustain gender parity among its staff members in all categories and at all grades. Furthermore, UNESCO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities, as well as nationals from non-and under-represented Member States (last update here) are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.