Bangui (Central African Republic)
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
As Expert Logistics you will be responsible for the accurate implementation of logistic standards and all processes related to procurement, logistics etc. according to internal and donor regulations. You will be responsible for the professional execution of project activities delegated by the project management.
- Ensuring that material resources are correctly planned in agreement with the Head of Project and the Head of Finance
- Involvement in the planning and processing of local purchases, storage, transportation, distribution and use of funds, incl. documentation in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the respective specifications and requirements of the project and co-financers
- Supporting the Head of Project in determining financial and material requirements
- Involvement in the preparation and monthly revision of the operational plan
- Participating in the preparation of regular reports on the project's progress and developments on the ground
- Coordination/management of relevant communication facilities (radio communication)
- Planning and organising imported goods (import regulations, customs handling)
- Organisation and maintenance of office premises/guesthouse, storage facilities (including the identification of suitable buildings, furnishings and fittings)
- A university or polytechnic degree in logistics, development cooperation/humanitarian aid or qualifications that are commensurate with this position
- At least 3 years of job related working experience (regional working experience is an asset)
- Sound experience with planning and data collection methods
- Broad intercultural competence and ability to cope in a multinational team
- Coordination and organization skills – even under a high workload
- Excellent spoken and written French, knowledge of English and/or German would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 19, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.