Head of Programmes
Bangui (Central African Republic)
Are you aiming to work for an organization where it is worthwhile investing your personality, your skills and your time? Are you looking for a job that is exciting and has clear goals? Welcome to Welthungerhilfe!
We are one of the largest and most respected private organisations for development cooperation and humanitarian aid in Germany. As a politically and confessionally independent organisation, our value-oriented actions are always based on ethical principles. Our vision is clear: "Zero Hunger by 2030" - If you want to become part of this joint mission and support us in the fight against hunger worldwide, we look forward to receiving your application as:
Head of Programmes*
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
As Head of Programmes, you will support the Country Director in developing and managing the impact oriented Welthungerhilfe country programme. In doing so you take into consideration the overall WHH strategy and care for the adherence to WHH quality standards. In agreement with the Country Director, you will represent Welthungerhilfe in the country.
- Monitor the implementation of projects and programmes according to Welthungerhilfe quality standards, including the setup of an effective and participatory M&E system
- Identify, examine and assess (pre-select) new project ideas on the basis of the intervention strategy, the concept papers and the orientation framework of the Country Programme
- Contribute towards definition and orientation of the planned multiannual programme strategy
- Ensure consideration of feasibility, sustainability and exit strategies of the projects
- Identify potential new project partners and ensure active collaboration with partner organizations
- Ensure reporting (status and financial reports) occurs correctly and in due time to Welthungerhilfe Head Office and to donors
- Monitor the humanitarian situation in-country and the evolution of possible crises through early warning indicators
- Represent Welthungerhilfe vis-à-vis other national and international, governmental and non-governmental bodies as well as relief and development organizations
- A university or polytechnic degree in humanitarian/development studies or an equivalent degree related to the position
- A minimum of 5 years relevant working and leadership experience (regional working experience would be an asset)
- Good knowledge of planning and survey methods (incl. M&E)
- Proven reporting and organizational skills, with proficiency in writing for different audiences
- Ability to work under time pressure and high workload
- Ability to work in an insecure environment and commit to strict security regulations
- Excellent spoken and written French and English, ability to communicate in German would be an advantage
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by February 26, 2020. Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.