Web Development Services for UNESCO's Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission
Parent Sector : Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC)
Duty Station: Paris, France
Job Family: Communication and Information
Type of contract : Non-Staff
Duration of contract : 6-10 weeks
Recruitment open to : Internal/External candidates
Application Deadline (Midnight Paris Time) : 20 February 2020
UNESCO Core Values: Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, Professionalism
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
The Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission (IOC) of UNESCO is seeking a company or highly qualified individual professional to proceed with the migration of online content from its institutional MSP website to the MSPglobal project website. The services provided should allow a simplification of the current architecture and framework of pages, as well as adjustments in the design.
Interested providers are strongly encouraged to request a more detailed list of changes and technical specifications.SCOPE OF WORK Based on the recommendations provided by the IOC, the service provider should:
- Migrate content included in the “MSP Guides”, “World Applications” and “MSP Good Practices” sections from the institutional MSP website to the MSPglobal project website
- Develop new design for country profiles
- Formulate backend interface in a more user-friendly manner for the daily management of the new pages by the IOC Secretariat
- Conduct internal testing and support the IOC Secretariat through user-testing
- Ensure browser compatibility
- Ensure mobile visualization and optimization
The Contractor should commit to a deadline of having the new pages up and running by early May 2020, including internal and user-testing.
The Contractor should also plan to participate in a meeting with the IOC Secretariat at the beginning of the contract to ensure alignment with requests, as well as provide one online training session to present the new interface prior to launching the user-testing phase.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Contractor may be either a legal entity or individual consultant
- Contractor must have prior experience in the field of institutional website design and development, with strong track record on WordPress
- Contractor should provide a proposal including an implementation plan
- Contractor should have solid knowledge in user experience
One of the major requirements for this assignment is to have thorough understanding of web design and development in an intergovernmental institution context, with a focus on the WordPress content-management system. Providers having proven experience working for intergovernmental organizations will be given preference. The provider should have a strong experience in web design and development, as per requirements set out below:
- Practical experience in governmental/intergovernmental sector and experience with undertaking communication activities
- Experience in design, user experience, production and dissemination of knowledge products
- Positive track record in engaging with institutional clients in broad, inclusive dialogue at all stages of the project
- Effective communication skill
The project should be implemented within 6-10 weeks of the signing of contract, based on a mutually agreed contractual timeframe arrangement. The majority of the contract should be dedicated to migrating the content; the two final weeks should be dedicated to performing internal and user-testing.ASSESSMENT
Interested providers should submit a proposal containing the following by 20 February 2020 (23:59, Central European Time):
- Remuneration requirements (daily rates) and contact information, and a financial proposal
- Examples of/references to prior work. For independent consultants, only: also include an updated CV
- A detailed draft implementation plan and timeframe describing how the activities will be conducted
Only complete and timely applications will be reviewed. Only short-listed proposals will be contacted.
Please submit your proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please use the same contact information should you have any question about this call for proposals.Footer
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution (last update) and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as well as nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities are also encouraged to apply. Worldwide mobility is required for staff members appointed to international posts.
UNESCO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.