Consultancy - Digital Copywriter, Beijing, China
UNICEF China is looking for a digital copywriter to generate original marketing content and adapt existing materials specifically for mobile and PC users.
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, care
Content plays a pivotal role in enabling digital and direct mail marketing campaigns to engage with individual supporters and donors. To enable the UNICEF China individual fundraising team’s annual growth targets especially through diversification of channels, we're looking to increase the capacity of in-house content production.
Under the supervision of a senior marketing officer, the consultant will be responsible for generating original marketing content and adapt existing materials particularly for mobile and PC users.
How can you make a difference?
You will be responsible for generating marketing content suitable for distribution through digital and non-digital channels. The major duties and responsibilities include:
- Conducting desk research, copy-editing and translating UNICEF’s global emergency assets, such as human-interest stories, videos, photos and other content from English to Chinese, to support the conversion and retention of individual supporters
- Providing original copywriting in Chinese language for digital campaigns to engage with new friends in support of UNICEF’s work in China and beyond
- Leveraging existing program knowledge and publications, and adapt them into engaging, attractive and useful content products tailored to target audience for friend-raising
- Developing "Inspired Gifts" e-commerce content
For additional details on the assignment, please review the full Terms of Reference
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- A university degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising or other relevant discipline
- At least two years of professional work experience in copywriting, reporting, digital communication, or web-based content creation
- Experience from a 4A creative agency and/or managing a Wechat public account is preferred.
- Previous working experience in a non-profit organization is an asset.
- Fluency in Chinese and English.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF's values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.