Requisition ID: req8133
Job Title: Gynecologic and Obstetric Doctor / Al Hol Camp
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
The Obstetrician\Gynecologist will provide medical care related to pregnancy and childbirth. He\Se will be responsible for diagnosing, treating, and preventing diseases of women, particularly those affecting the reproductive system before and during pregnancy and at childbirth as well as their fetuses and newborn babies in the IRC BeMONC Center in al Hol. This position will report to RH Officer.
- Provide ANC, PNC, Intrapartum, emergency and post abortion care
- Monitor mother and neonatal health
- Help expecting mothers understand what to expect during childbirth and advise mothers to be on lifestyle choice that promote healthy babies
- Run numerous tests and imaging procedures to ensure that the fetus is healthy and developing properly
- After delivery the OB-GYN will be responsible for monitoring the health of the child and the mother and referrals to various specialist if necessary
- Provide clinical care for GBV survivors.
- Ensure appropriate treatment of all beneficiaries in
Al Hol camp, including those requiring clinical RH services within IRC health
program and ensure that the system for referral cases is developed and
functioning efficiently and with optimal results
- Medical doctor (Obstetrician – Gynecologist)
- Must have at least 2 years professional experience working as an obstetrician –gynecologist he in BEMONC setting
- Must have at least 1 years experience working in humanitarian or development contexts previous emergency response, conflict/post-conflict experience preferred
- Demonstrated capacity to provide hands on technical support to health providers, experience setting up and managing trainings strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Arabic and Kurdish languages and preferably English
- Must be skilled in Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic environment
- Ability to Multi-task
- Must have the ability to work effectively with various personalities and departments
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The International Rescue Committee encourages women to work with us to reach the neediest people in need of humanitarian assistance, such as women, widows and children. We are committed to providing a decent work environment that takes into account the needs of women in the workplace, such as maternity leave and safety protocols that take into account the special needs of women in the field.