UN SDG Action Campaign
The UN SDG Action Campaign is a special inter-agency initiative of the UN Secretary-General administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The UN SDG Action Campaign’s mission is to scale up, broaden and sustain the global movement of action for the SDGs.
The UN SDG Action Campaign’s strategy is based on three pillars:
Mobilize: activating the largest number of individuals and organizations to take action on SDGs through the Global Day to Act4SDGs, taking place on 25 September to mark the anniversary of the adoption of the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. This area of work includes strategic partnerships with key constituencies such as Local Governments, civil society organizations, parliamentarians and youth groups.
Inspire: leveraging art, music, festivals, new media, technologies to increase the visibility of SDGs change-makers and attract new partners via the: (a) UN SDG Action Awards; (b) SDG Global Festival of Action; (c) creative SDG content, visuals, branding & exhibitions, and new media SDG programs for individuals and partners.
Connect: connecting people’s perceptions and actions on the SDGs with decision makers in SDG planning and review processes at all levels via the MYWorld Global Survey, whilst bringing peoples’ perceptions and actions to the High-Level Political Forum and the UN General Assembly in partnership with UNDP, UN DESA, and UN/DP Countries Teams.
The UN SDG Action Campaign serves as a hub to inspire people’s action on the Sustainable Development Goals, connect and amplify stakeholder efforts, showcase impact, share best practices, incubate and test out innovative efforts around SDG action and advocacy whilst encouraging and make available SDG accountability mechanisms, including citizen-generated data.
The UN SDG Action Campaign is seeking to engage a Multimedia Consultant to support the development and implementation of multimedia programs, with special focus on the Canon Young People Programme, to amplify the work of the young people involved, including the creation of communications strategies, exhibits, events and media engagement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Scope of Work
Summary of key functions:
1. Develop and implement storytelling programmes and exhibitions
- Support the development and implementation of multimedia programs, with special focus on Canon’s Young People Programme;
- Support the creation and development of exhibitions and events showcasing the visual stories and content at relevant events that the UN SDG Action Campaign may host or is present at, including the SDG Global Festival of Action in April 2020, Global Goals Week 2020, festivals and other public events where the UN SDG Action Campaign is present;
- Collaborate with the communications team and external partners to schedule program workflow and execute strategies;
- Generate opportunities to bring the creators programs to life;
- Produce analytical reports on content engagement, reach and other pertinent metrics for social media, website and other communication channels.
2. Work with the Communications Lead and creative partners to manage the design and production of audio, photo and video projects from conception to completion
- Create and develop a multimedia content strategy for SDG Action leveraging creators program’s content;
- Envision, create, produce and edit multimedia projects;
- Coordinate all elements of a multimedia project and manage accordingly, including shootings, editing and compiling materials, sound, lighting, production and editing;
- Create content for social platforms, from an array of partner stories and materials - including video, audio, infographics, memes, and animations - for distribution across a variety of platforms;
- Actively participate in team creative brainstorming and keep abreast of new trends and creative ways to tell stories using a variety of media.
3. Lead on the development and management of an online library to ensure accessibility, distribution and reach of the content
- Curate and manage online platforms;
- Manage photo and multimedia library and assets, including media management.
4. Support the development of an online community of content creators
- Support the administration of community groups and mentoring programs including Facebook and other online channels, social media engagement, webinars and managing mentors.
Expected Outputs and Deliverables
Deliverables/ Outputs Estimated Duration to Complete Target Due Dates Review and Approvals Required
1. Support the development of a multimedia content strategy 12 days 30 March 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
2. Support the participation of creators at the SDG Global Festival of Action 18 days 31 April 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
3. Curate and manage video and photo galleries to be used on online and offline platforms. 21 days 31 May 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
4. Support the administration of community groups and mentoring programs including Facebook, social media engagement, webinars and managing mentors. 22 days 31 June 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
5. Manage exhibitions and activations roll-out for summer Festivals 18 days 15 July 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
6. Create multimedia assets to promote and communicate the creator’s stories and program 37 days 30 August 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
7. Support the multimedia programs exhibition and activations during the UN General Assembly and Global Week to #Act4SDGs and other key moments/events. 15 days 31 September 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
8. Establish and manage photo and multimedia libraries and assets, including media management. 20 days 15 November 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
9. Create and distribute monthly multimedia piece 20 days 31 December 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
10. Produce program report 26 days 31 December 2020 UN SDG Action Campaign Director
Schedule of payments
1 30 March 2020
2 26 April 2020
3 31 May 2020
4 25 June 2020
5 15 July 2020
6 28 August 2020
7 29 September 2020
8 15 November 2020
9 & 10 31 December 2020
The UN SDG Action campaign is seeking to engage a Multimedia Consultant to support the SDG engagement through visual and interactive storytelling and implementation of multimedia programs, including social media and digital platforms, media engagement, exhibits and events.
The Multimedia Consultant will work closely with colleagues in the Communications team and partners to design and execute visual and interactive storytelling programs and campaigns.
Duration of the Work
The duration of the assignment is from 16 March 2020 – 31 December 2020.
The duty station for this contract will be Bonn (Germany) with flexibility for occasional remote work.
Required Skills and Experience
Qualifications of the Successful Individual Contractor
- BA in Multimedia/Visual Communications, Video Production, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or related field.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience, including 2 years of relevant experience in multimedia storytelling;
- Experience engaging audiences through effective management of social media channels and tools;
- Experience in media production and management. Proficiency with the technical aspects of producing digital media content, including photography, film, graphic design, audio-visuals and social media. Experience with podcasting, VR and AR is an asset;
- Experience with content management systems, graphics software, still and video cameras, video/audio/image editing;
- Capable of self-generation of creative ideas and working under pressure to meet individual project needs;
- Demonstrated project management skills;
- Ability to build strong relationships with partners;
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of other languages is an asset.
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
All applicants will be screened against the qualifications and competencies set above. Candidates fully meeting the requirements will be further evaluated based on the criteria below.
Technical Criteria – 70 % of total evaluation– max. 70 points:
CV review: 30 points;
- Educational qualifications as defined in the ToR (15 points)
- Experience in multimedia storytelling (15 points)
Interview: 40 points;
- Experience engaging audiences through effective management of social media channels and tools (15 points)
- Experience in media production and management. Proficiency with the technical aspects of producing digital media content, including photography, film, graphic design, audio-visuals and social media. Experience with podcasting, VR and AR is an asset (15 points)
- Experience with content management systems, graphics software, still and video cameras, video/audio/image editing (10 points)
Only those individual consultants who obtain at least 70% of points from the CV review will be considered for the financial proposal evaluation.
Financial Criteria – 30 % of total evaluation – max. 30 points.
- Financial scores will be calculated using the formula [lowest offer / financial offer of the candidate x 30].
- UNDP applies the “Best value for money approach” – the final selection will be based on the combination of the applicants’ qualifications and financial proposal.
- Payments will be delivery-based according to the schedule of payments and upon submission of the Certification of Payment and obtaining approval of the Director of the UN SDG Action Campaign.
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications
- Motivation/Cover letter explaining why you are the most suitable candidate for the work and URL’s to previous work. Please paste the letter into the "Resume and Motivation" section of the electronic application.
- Latest personal CV, including past experience from similar projects and at least three references
- Portfolio, including written and multimedia samples;
- Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability-please fill in the attached form https://popp.undp.org/_layouts/15/WopiFrame.aspx?sourcedoc=/UNDP_POPP_DOCUMENT_LIBRARY/Public/PSU_%20Individual%20Contract_Offerors%20Letter%20to%20UNDP%20Confirming%20Interest%20and%20Availability.docx&action=default); . The financial proposal shall consist of all-inclusive lump sum in USD for the whole duration of the contract period and shall include the daily consultancy fee.
PLEASE NOTE THAT INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR FURTHER EVALUATION
Any queries should be sent in a separate e-mail and addressed to: email@example.com clearly marking 94439_Multimedia Consultant in the subject line
How to Submit the Application:
To submit your application online, please follow the steps below:
- Merge your Cover Letter, CV, Portfolio and Letter to UNDP Confirming Interest and Availability (including the financial proposal) into a single file. The system does not allow for more than one attachment to be uploaded;
- Click on the Job Title (job vacancy announcement);
- Click “Apply Now” button, fill in necessary information on the first page, and then click “Submit Application;”
- Upload your application/single file as indicated above with the merged documents (underlined above);
- You will receive an automatic response to your email confirming receipt of your application by the system.