Duties and Responsibilities
- Submit a list of storage spaces, with specific recommendations for lease or acquisition, to serve as RNP warehouses; establish the RNP storage facilities and inventory of materials in each municipality;
- Using templates provided by headquarters, develop a material movement plan;
- Develop and use the Sensitive Material Intake Procedure at headquarters for registration, plan for intake at the RNP facilities; and ensure that intake teams are trained on procedures;
- Provide briefings to security providers at the RNP HQ level, in coordination with the management responsible for overall security, on the details of the movement plans;
- Plan and prepare for post-registration tasks: disposal plan for registration materials; inventory reports detailing materials used and materials remaining in the warehouses; and documentation and archiving of all files;
- Submit periodic reports, detailing logistics activities and issues; ensure that logistics instructions are received and implemented;
- Work closely with other offices of the RNP by providing information and assistance;
- Advise on and monitor the development and implementation of appropriate security plans to ensure the safety of the UN personnel, national administration and staff, registration teams, registration material, and registration stations;
- Develop and implement vehicle allocation plans;
- Ensures that all national staff in assigned are equipped with necessary communications equipment;
- Ensure that all work in the RNP are in adherence to its general policies, including those on impartiality, professionalism, ethics, inclusivity and gender measures;
- Oversee field work on a daily basis with the regional field officers and, as necessary, coordinate with local representatives/community members
- Oversee all logistics requirements of the trainings, workshops and electoral events in the field,
- Monitor, organize and report people and asset movements related to field activities,
- Monitor and report budget and expenses related to field operations,
- Resolve the administrative and logistics problems related to field activities,
- Support the RNP’s management on the coordination between different stakeholders of the project,
- Support in the setup and operation of field offices for the registration of citizens and observers, field surveys as well as the implementation of other public communication events in all municipalities,
- Identify local partners and potential suppliers required to support field operations,
- Provide regular and ad hoc progress report and needed type of feedback from the field to the management of RNP in order to support strategic and operational planning and implementation,
- Carry out field visits as necessary to ensure the successful coordination of the RNP’s activities, and
- Perform any other tasks given by the CTA
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes knowledge management and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting.
- Ability to lead formulation and monitoring of management projects.
- Solid knowledge in financial resources and human resources management, contract, asset and procurement, information and communication technology, general administration.
- Ability to lead business processes re-engineering, implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
- Builds strong relationships with clients, focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Leads teams effectively and shows mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Operations Management, Project Management or related field from a reputable university.
- Five years of experience in logistics in a developing country with weak infrastructure.
- The appointee must be customer focused and highly motivated with good time management and interpersonal skills. She/he must have excellent communication and organization skills and with a high level of accuracy and reliability.
- S/he must have a well-established methodology for addressing logistical problems and a strong attention to details.
- Proficiency in Spanish and English.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.