Internal Communications Assistant
- Supporting the implementation of UNDP Digital Platforms adoption communication and outreach activities;
- Assisting with the maintenance of Intranet sites, online networks, and knowledge repositories;
- Administrative support to the reporting and monitoring of UNDP Digital Platforms Adoptions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support implementation and update of the UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption communication strategy/yearly work plan;
- Assist with the design and implementation of the UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption internal social media strategy for branding and outreach;
- Administrative and logistical support to the communications team, including for initiatives such as webinars, launches, etc.
- Provision inputs of presentations, documentation, and display materials related to the UNDP Digital Platforms adoption activities;
- Respond to standard queries and unsolicited applications.
- Assist with the maintenance/update/improvements of the Collaboration Toolbox Intranet site, including implementing latest trends/best practices;
- Assist with the updates and preparation of content for the Collaboration Toolbox Intranet site ensuring consistency of the online material;
- Maintain the content and digital presence in UNDP Digital Platforms Adoption networks/tools;
- Identify and collect documentation of best practices and lessons learned.
- Extract and collect data of the Digital Platforms Adoption client surveys;
- Compilation and preparation of data for statistical reports;
- Support and formulate presentation of data for reporting purposes.
- Ability to make new and useful ideas work
- Ability to persuade others to follow
- Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
- Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
- Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
- Ability to manage and organise data and derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful manner
- Ability to create and design web content
- Ability to communicate the value of a product or service
- Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
- Ability to animate individuals and communities of contributors to participate and share
- Ability to draft and present information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to maintain a community on assigned thematic areas
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary education. University degree desirable, but not a requirement;
- Academic/Education in French or Spanish is an asset.
- With secondary education: minimum 6 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in related activities;
- With Bachelor or higher degree: minimum 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in related activities;
- Knowledge of IT software packages (Adobe Suite, PowerBI, MS Office suite, etc.);
- Experience in managing data and drafting reports;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems, especially Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and database systems and web development/content management software;
- Experience in communications, including language editing, branding, social media presence.
- Fluency in English;
- Strong working knowledge of French and Spanish.
Important applicant information
All posts in the GS categories are subject to local recruitment.
Priority will be given to Danish nationals and holders of relevant Danish residence permit.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.