Zahle - Business Support Assistant (Admin) SC4
Are you passionate about changing and improving the lives of millions of people world-wide?
Are YOU up for a Life-Changing Experience?
Do you want to be part of an International Humanitarian Organization with a very diverse workplace?
If YES, this WFP job vacancy is the opportunity for you
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
This Vacancy Announcement will close on 24 February 2020 at 11:59 PM, Rome Time
-This position is open to qualified Lebanese candidates ONLY
-Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
-Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- Qualified candidates from Bekaa area are highly encouraged to apply
Assisting 91.4 million people in 83 countries each year, the World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
As the international community has committed to end hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition by 2030, one in nine people worldwide still do not have enough to eat. Food and food-related assistance lie at the heart of the struggle to break the cycle of hunger and poverty.
In Lebanon, WFP works to support approximately 700,000 people with regular assistance using e-cards. WFP also supports Lebanese schools with school meals and has run over 300 development activities which include supporting rural infrastructure, as well as education and training opportunities for vulnerable individuals in families. WFP also supports Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Program (NPTP).
To know more about WFP’s mission, please check the below video:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The post is based in Zahle Field Office and the incumbent is to report to the Administration Associate in the field office.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for money-oriented quality administrative practices.
Under the direct supervision of the Administration Associate and the overall supervision of the Head of Field Office, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Check the provision of facilities, travel, protocol related, maintaining information, to contribute to the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment.
- Manage the fleet of light vehicles, including maintaining up to date fleet management system, provision of regular maintenance, creation of weekly movement plans in addition to ensuring timely security clearances requests are forwarded to UNDSS when needed.
- Manage and maintain paper and electronic records within the area of responsibility in accordance with established procedures, to ensure swift and easy data access as required.
- Maintain high level of coordination with all concerned units internally and externally in execution of the mentioned duties.
- Perform staff management for the fleet drivers ensuring promotion of team spirit, respect and learning culture, and work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
- Perform other tasks as required.
Secondary School Education. A bachelor’s degree in Administration, Business Management, or other field relevant to international development assistance is a plus.
At least three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the Administration, Business or staff Management fields.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic. Knowledge of French language is an added advantage.
- Ability to maintain accurate and precise records, well organized
- Very good experience utilizing computers including Microsoft Office specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to undertake statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of WFP activities and procedures are a plus.
- Dedicated and reliable professional
- Detail and results oriented work attitude
- Team player
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.