Human Resources Assistant
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any type of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
FAO's Subregional Office for SEC is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing subregional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with subregion-wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). The Subregional Office is a subsidiary of FAO's Regional Office for SEC.
The Human Resources Assistant coordinates and performs the full range of human resources support functions. He /she ensures quality, transparency and consistency of data and processes within his/her area of responsibility and contributes to the smooth functioning of human resources operations.
The Human Resources Assistant reports to a senior professional staff and may receive guidance from a Human Resources Associate (to be adapted in the VA\: state title(s) of supervisor(s)). The incumbent operates independently and takes decisions on work priorities, exercise initiative for dealing with cases without precedents and finds solution to problems after discussion with supervisor. Supervision received is focused on the quality of work outputs, in particular the meeting of timelines and the quality of advice given to clients. The incumbent provides guidance and advise to other human resources support staff.
The Human Resources Assistant works closely with colleagues in the HR team and with managers and staff in client departments/ offices, providing and coordinating experienced human resources support.
- Analyze, answer and follow-up on a variety of complex human resources requests and enquiries from staff and non-staff; provide guidance on relevant human resources guidelines and procedures;
- Coordinate support services related to the employment and servicing of staff and non staff; initiate a range of personnel actions such as appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.;
- Conduct preliminary review of staffing action requests for post classification in accordance with established job classification standards;
- Support the briefing and de-briefing of staff, provide information as to staff entitlements and specificities of contracts;
- Coordinate the recruitment process of all categories of staff and non-staff, including the preparation of job profiles and vacancy announcements; communicate with applicants and prepares offers/terms of employment;
- Collect and research background information; update organization charts and staffing tables; draft correspondence, reports and statistics related to all human resources functions as appropriate;
- Review, maintain and update confidential personnel information, records and files; ensure completeness and accuracy of records and that follow-up system on actions are taken;
- Investigate and resolve payment inquiries in collaboration with finance staff; prepare payment instructions;
- Train and provide guidance to other human resources support staff in the work unit;
- Perform other duties as required.
The incumbent's work directly impacts on the smooth operations and the quality of overall output of the work unit. He/ she plays a lead role in the provision of human resources support services for successful achievement of the organizational unit's mandate.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Experience\: Four years of relevant experience in administrative and human resources support work
Languages\: Working knowledge (Level C) of English. Limited knowledge (Level B) of other FAO languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) will be considered an advantage
IT Skills\: Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment
- Results Focus
- Team Work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Very good knowledge of the essential elements of human resources activities and transactions, including corporate policies, rules and procedures
- Very good knowledge of relevant corporate computerized administrative systems
- Good knowledge of the communication and documentation standards
Desirable Qualifications And Skills
- Working knowledge of Turkish
- Limited knowledge (Level B) of Russian will an asset
FAO staff are expected to adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO,
Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency