The Nuclear Infrastructure Development Section (NIDS) coordinates and facilitates integrated Agency assistance to Member States, to support Member States in improving understanding of the responsibilities and obligations essential to implementing safe, secure, efficient and reliable long-term nuclear power programmes, and to support Member States in developing the necessary infrastructure for introducing nuclear power.
To provide expert services to the Nuclear Infrastructure Development Section related to a review of the Integrated Work Plan process, the incorporation of results-based management principles and an outcome monitoring system for the support provided to newcomer countries.
Functions / Key Results Expected
The Consultant is required to\:
1. Review existing integrated work plans (IWPs) with respect to consistency with result-based management (RBM) principles, as applied within the IAEA â by end of February 2020.
2. Develop mechanisms and processes for consistent collection, analysis and comparison of data and results of NIDS past and current IWPs â by end of April 2020.
3. In cooperation with all relevant stakeholders, develop a system, including indicators, to monitor the implementation, quality and outcomes of IAEA activities incorporated in IWPs â by end of June 2020.
4. Coach and/or train staff on applying RBM principles as applied within the IAEA â by end of May 2020, and provide support to NIDS Section Head, Project Managers and Associate Project Officer in the planning for the future Planning and Budget 2022-2023 cycle â expected to commence mid-2020.
5. Support the implementation of NIDS events under regular, EB or TC projects as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced degree in Programme/Organizational Management or equivalent.
Minimum five years relevant experience.
Good knowledge and understanding of Results Based Management as applied by the IAEA.
Good knowledge and understanding of IAEA Technical Cooperation processes and procedures and the implementation of technical projects by TC.
Good experience and understanding of quality review and evaluation processes for projects and activities conducted in Member States.
Excellent oral and written command of English. Knowledge of other official IAEA languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) is an asset.
The remuneration for this consultancy is a daily fee of up to a maximum of â¬ 380, based on qualifications and experience. In case duty travel is required within the assignment, a daily subsistence allowance (DSA) and travel costs are provided. Health coverage and pension fund are the responsibility of the incumbent.