Kinshasa (Congo Democratic)
Moninga Onlus is an Italian based NGO, financing and operating at the Paediatric Foundation and Hospital of Kimbondo, 18 kms from Kinshasa, RD Congo.
Job Overview/Summary: The medical doctor will provide professional medical care to the highest quality and in accordance with national and international laws and standards. The position will be responsible for providing clinical care to the patients at selected IRC health facilities operating at the primary level of health care.
Major Responsibilities: The medical doctor will be specifically responsible for conducting the following activities:
- Provide daily curative services for general diseases at the clinic for the cases at the PHC level
- Provides a referral base at the health facility for more severe cases to other specialized services
- Manage and provide directions for the staff in health facility for day to day activities
- Support the needs of systems and databases as required to ensure proper care of patients
- Liaise with pharmacies, laboratories and other providers as needed to ensure quality care
- Report needs and concerns to the Senior Health Officer (in charge)
- Participates in "Performance Improvement" activities as appropriate
- Acknowledges patient’s rights on confidentiality issues, maintains patient confidentiality at all times
- Demonstrate good communication skills and adequate respect for patients and their families
- Perform tasks as needed by the Senior Health Officer (in charge) that are relevant to the position
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to:Senior Health Officer (in charge)
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Reporting: Health Program Manager
Other Internal and/or external contacts.
Internal: Nurses, midwife and other health staff deployed at the health facility
Education: A certified medical doctor
Work Experience: 1 to 3 years work experience as a medical Practitioner
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make clinical decisions independently
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively
- Have a minimum administrative background and be able to take on medical/non-medical responsibilities from time to time to cover for other team members
- Committed to helping refugees and working within IRC clinic protocols.
Language Skills: Fluent in French and either English or Italian to comunicate with HQ.
Certificates or Licenses: Be certified to practice medicine as a doctor and have any other the necessary certification from the government, and maintain his/her license throughout the duration of employment.