National Operations Assistant
IMPORTANT NOTICE\: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
FAO Lebanon implements different projects under the umbrella of its Country Programming Framework. In order to reinforce its Operations Unit, FAO Lebanon is looking for a National Operations Assistant. The assistant will work mainly on the project “Improved Water Resources Monitoring System/IWRM at regional level in Lebanon”, funded by Switzerland and the project “Rehabilitation and waste management of El-Bared Canal Irrigation System”, funded by Norway and both implemented together with the Ministry of Energy and Water and the Water Establishment in North Lebanon. In addition, the assistant will support other field projects implemented by FAO Lebanon.
The National Operations Assistant is under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Lebanon, under the direct supervision of the project manager, and the technical supervision of the International Operations Specialist and the Assistant FAOR Programmes. She/he will work in close collaboration with other international and national consultants, and in cooperation with national teams and counterparts
The role of the National Operations Assistant is to ensure effective operations and implementation of projects.
Tasks and responsibilities
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
FAO Core Competencies
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact\: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website\: http\://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/