Business Support Assistant (Asset and Travel) G4
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English.
At this level job holders are expected to demonstrate responsibility and initiative to respond independently to queries with only general guidance. There is a requirement to use judgment in dealing with unforeseen problems on a daily basis. Job holders have a level of expertise and knowledge to adapt and contribute to the development of systems and processes in order to continually improve the level of support provided. Job holders are expected to manage resources and coach and coordinate a team of support staff.
To deliver standard business support processes for Administration services, to facilitate effective service delivery.
- Gather and process information with accuracy and timeliness to support asset management, travel, and payment processing for administration services.
- Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative and financial tasks in various functional areas, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function.
- Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work.
- Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems.
- Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFP’s Strategic Objectives
- Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to team’s work processes to supervisors.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own unit’s responsibilities will serve WFP’s mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
- Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different background.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Tracks progress towards goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
- Focus on getting results: Focus on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
- Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities to partnering with other units to supervisor.
- Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFP ‘s teams and external partners in fulfilling team’s goals and objectives.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisor’s priorities to fulfil internal and external partner needs.
OTHER SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Arrange travels (air and road) for all staff, ensuring that travels are in accordance with WFP travel guidelines, and assist in providing staff with information regarding requirements for travel both within the country and abroad.
- Ensure that hotel reservation and air tickets are adequately arranged, and tickets are collected and given to the passenger in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all travel document (claims) submitted by staff for reimbursement meet the standard WFP guidelines and are properly filled in by the travellers, and process all travel related request that have been submitted in WINGS for payment to travel agency and traveller in a timely manner.
- Maintain a filing system of all travel undertaken locally and internationally, and an updated list of all staff on duty travel, R&R, etc.
- Monitor the movement of all WFP assets across the country office and take appropriate action in GEMS (Global Equipment Management System), ensure that all assets purchased are tagged with the appropriate inventory code and recorded in GEMS, ensure the data entered in GEMS are accurate and complete, and prepare monthly asset report.
- Carry out yearly physical counts for all Country Office assets and ensure they are properly recorded in GEMS; and recommend to the Local Property Survey Board, as necessary, the statuses of assets that are damaged, beyond use and/or reached end of life.
- Provide asset-related input for the monthly Minimum Monthly Closure (MMC) report.
ADMINISTRATION SERVICES PAYMENTS
- Prepare vendors payment, reconcile all administration payment invoices with vendors and ensure that invoices are in support to the delivery notes, and monitor all administration service contract and prepare vendor evaluation in line with contractual arrangement.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word.
- Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
- Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to offer guidance or basic on-the-job training to more junior staff
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 3 December 2019
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.