Honiara (Solomon Islands)
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.Description of task
- Develop and implement project specific and overall external UNDP Solomon Islands communications and advocacy strategy pertaining to peacebuilding and related activities (governance reform, governance over resources and SDG related to peace and development) and programme that encompasses mass media (radio, print), social media (Facebook, Twitter and UN website), video, and community outreach events and activities.
- Provide support to project staff in the development of programme specific communications, reporting and advocacy strategies as well as briefing materials, press releases and public events. Support UN Women with peacebuilding project, joint UN programs and related advocacy work.
- Create, manage and maintain Facebook and Twitter accounts and a website for UNDP Solomon Islands in consultation with programme staff with a focus on peacebuilding and governance, peace and development work.
- Provide support for the project and related UNDP programme staff in the design, production and dissemination of videos and publications.
- Act as a liaison between UNDP Country Office in Solomon Islands and the Communications team within the UNDP Pacific Multi-country Office and UN Women and RCO in Fiji.
Communications, media relations, journalism, public relations, business development, international development, or other related humanities or social sciences degreeRequired experience: 36 Months Experience remark:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing communication packages to promote the activities of international development organization.
- Atleast 3 years of experience in working for the development sector.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Proven experience of developing and implementing communication strategies and experience in public relations, communications and advocacy.
- Experience in social media engagement professionally, creating content for various communication products and design knowledge products.
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in TeamsApplication procedure:
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 25 February 2020