National Consultant – IT Support for WeLearn
UN Women works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security. UN Women provides strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
As part of UN Women’s Stimulating Equal Opportunities for Women Entrepreneurs' flagship programme, the WeLearn project aims to support women in growing their businesses. In its prototype-phase, WeLearn is the global learning community that will offer online experiential, personalized learning curricula and leverage change-makers and influencers to support women’s full participation in the economy.
UN Women is piloting WeLearn in Indonesia with support from Unilever (under Sunlight brand) and rolled out the project together with global and local partners. WeLearn will focus on equipping women micro and small entrepreneurs and aspiring women to become entrepreneurs with the skills needed for the jobs of the future, including the 21st-century skills. The aim of the Indonesia pilot is to empower 5,000 women in Greater Jakarta, Yogyakarta and Malang, Indonesia, to start, manage and/or grow their business, and be better prepared to benefit from the changing world of work and market development.
Through tailored online learning opportunities, UN Women and partners will work with the 5,000 women to build their skills in a range of subjects including business management and financial literacy and competence, so that they can thrive and rise to their true entrepreneurial potential. Given the Indonesia context that still demands hands-on learning and capacity building, the project will combine an online learning platform with person-to-person learning with the targeted beneficiaries.
UN Women has launched WeLearn platform on October 22, 2019 and planned to add more modules to the platform in accordance with the WeLearn’s curriculum and also to do communication activities to increase WeLearn awareness. Due to more activities, UN Women intends to recruit an IT consultant who will undertake IT support for WeLearn project. The work requires substantial knowledge of Information and Communication technology as well as initiative and judgement.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Programme Officer of Women Entrepreneurship, UN Women Indonesia and guidance from Senior Solution Architect from UN Women HQ, the consultant shall undertake the following tasks:
- Ensuring effective functioning (management and maintenance) of WeLearn platform, including:
- Content management system which includes but not limit to Moodle deployments for WeLearn platform, adding new features and keeping the platform up to date, to maintain the best-in-class user experience resulting in compelling end-user engagement,
- Support in uploading and embedding of multimedia content,
- Examine and monitor the user registrations,
- Monitoring of the platform on a daily basis to ensure the platform functioning well, which includes trouble-shooting and monitoring of platform problems and ensure that the WeLearn platform is protected from malicious virus attacks and deploy countermeasures in the event of the attacks,
- Develop the FAQ related to WeLearn platform
- Develop the biweekly and monthly reports of WeLearn platform, i.e.: Google Analytic report and Moodle analytic report,
- Act as WeLearn consumer call center to respond to users’ inquiries regarding WeLearn platform on daily basis,
- Provision of ICT support to WeLearn events,
- Maintain the confidentiality of WeLearn users’ data,
- To undertake other tasks as may reasonably be required as informed by UN Women.
Estimated number of working days
(starting date 16 March 2020)
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month March 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
10 working days
31 March 2020
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month April 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
20 working days
30 April 2020
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month May 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
15 working days
31 May 2020
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month June 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
15 working days
30 June 2020
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month July 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
15 working days
31 July 2020
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month August 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
20 working days
31 August 2020
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month September 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
11 working days
30 September 2020
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month October 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
11 working days
31 October 2020
Submission of report on all activities in supporting WeLearn project during month November 2020 in line with request and feedback from UN Women
11 working days
16 November 2020
Essential knowledge and experience:
- A good level of written and verbal English (mandatory);
- Deep technical understanding of the Moodle LMS platform. Experience developing custom modules for the platforms is desired;
- Good knowledge of SCORM packages and LMS integration is desirable;
- Use of project management software is desirable;
- Extensive hands-on experience of supporting and developing web-based applications in PHP and various frameworks;
- MySQL and writing complex SQL queries; and
- Optimizing code and queries; methodical, organized and structured approach to writing code and problem solving.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the United Nations' values and ethical standards;
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the UN and UN Women;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability; ?
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a team to meet tight deadlines and produce high-quality work;
- Demonstrates experience consulting with internal work groups, conceptualizing and developing creative solutions; and
- Demonstrates a strong desire to learn, a commitment to quality, a take-charge attitude, flexibility to adapt to a wide range of business environments, versatility to adapt their communication style to a wide range of personalities, determination, ability to commit to and follow through on deliverables.
Required Skills and Experience
- The consultant is based in Jakarta;
- IT or equivalent required. Advanced degree is a plus;
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant work experience in developing custom modules for the platforms;
- Deep technical understanding of the Moodle LMS platform;
- Responsive, good problem solver, enjoying variety and delivering efficient, scalable and client focused solutions;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work on own initiative; and
- Previous experience with a multilateral or international organization is highly desirable.?
Applications will be evaluated based on the cumulative analysis.
- Technical Qualification (100 points) weight; [70%]
- Financial Proposal (100 points) weight; [30%]
A two-stage procedure is utilised in evaluating the applications, with evaluation of the technical application being completed prior to any price proposal being compared. Only the price proposal of the candidates who passed the minimum technical score of 70% of the obtainable score of 100 points in the technical qualification evaluation will be evaluated.
Technical qualification evaluation criteria:
The total number of points allocated for the technical qualification component is 100. The technical qualification of the individual is evaluated based on following technical qualification evaluation criteria:
Technical Evaluation Criteria
| || |
| || |
Total Obtainable Score
Only the candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% of total points will be considered as technically qualified candidates who may be contacted for validation interview.
Financial/Price Proposal evaluation:
- Only the financial proposal of candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation will be considered and evaluated.
- The total number of points allocated for the price component is 100.
- The maximum number of points will be allotted to the lowest price proposal that is opened/ evaluated and compared among those qualified technical candidates who have attained a minimum of 70% score in the technical evaluation. All other price proposals will receive points in inverse proportion to the lowest price.
Submission of application
The submission package includes:
- Letter of Interest containing the statement on candidate’s experience in the field of recruitment
- Personal History Form (P11), which can be downloaded from http://asiapacific.unwomen.org/en/about-us/jobs
- At least 3 references
- Financial proposal. The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount breaking down a daily professional fee
Applications without financial proposal will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment.
Payments for this consultancy will be based on the achievement of each deliverables and certification that each has been satisfactorily completed.