Media & Communication Assistant G3 (National Position) - Damascus
Duties and responsibilities
- Contribute to develop and implement communication projects based on needs of the mission in Damascus and Syria.
- Contribute to monitor the impact of the communication project and make adjustments accordingly
- Contribute to develop strong communications products around key priority areas for a variety of audiences
- Contribute to proactively promote, advocate and raise awareness around NRC’s activities, results, initiatives through a variety of communication vehicles (online platforms, use of photos, info graphics, social media etc.
- Archive and timely share with all team of NRC in Syria media content collected from the field
- Contribute to develop plans for increasing the profile of NRC Damascus mission through, for example, the production of audio-visual material to broadcast and social media; the update of relevant pages on the NRC web-site and other platforms; and the packaging of NRC’s success stories for regional print and TV/radio outlets and social media
- Any other task as required by supervisor.
- Relevant university degree, ideally on communication
- At least 1 relevant experience working on communications;
- You have experience in producing fact sheets, info graphics and archiving;
- You are at ease working against tight deadlines, supporting, mentoring and ensuring highest
- quality standards and consistency throughout all our communications and media work.
- You have knowledge of the humanitarian sector (shelter, wash, education, and livelihood).
- You have been exposed at least in 1 working experience in finding new creative media angles and
- new platforms to present communications work.
- Experience in consulting a variety of social media platforms
- Knowledge of the situation in Syria
- Professional journalism or communications experience
- Fluency in both Arabic and English, written and verbal
- Cultural awareness
- Ability to handle insecure environments and communications tools
- Good contextual analysis skills
- Strategic thinking
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
We can offer
Contract period: Up to one year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC's salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Damascus
Candidates who do not fill in the website application form in details may not be considered.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.