Protocol Assistant G3 (National Position) - Damascus
Duties and responsibilities
- Support in organizing the external and internal meetings of NRC. Take notes, share information, and follow up.
- Support in external communication as needed.
- Handle requests and requirements related to governmental entities in coordination with all concerned internal and external parties. Follow up on these requests closely, provide feedback, and escalate issues when needed.
- Register, scan, file and index all correspondences.
- Support in organizing missions into the country.
- Handle visa application process and the follow up when applicable.
- Support in compiling reports as needed.
- Support in organizing Workshop/conference as needed.
- A university or institute degree in related field.
- At least 1 year experience in performing administrative tasks.
- Previous experience working with governmental entities / context is preferable.
- Strong organisational and team work skills.
- Good representation skills.
- Handling confidential documents and information.
- Prior experience of representing I/NGO is preferred.Advanced computer skills, especially in
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Fluency in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Managing resources to optimize results.
- Handling insecure environments.
- Empowering and building trust.
We can offer
Contract period: Up to one year, renewable based on NRC fund and performance.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC's salary scale and terms and conditions.
Duty station: Damascus
Candidates who do not fill in the website application form in details may not be considered.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee.
We work in crises across more than 30 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
NORCAP is a global provider of expertise that contributes to solving challenges in the humanitarian, development and peacebuilding sectors. Our ultimate goal is to strengthen the resilience, and protect the lives, rights and livelihoods of vulnerable people and communities
NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.