- Function title: Enterprise Architect
- Reference: NOC-NM-2020-AD/191
- Location: Brussels
- Nature of competition: Internal and external competition
- Applicable regulations: Staff regulations
- Grades for publication: AD9-10-11-12
- Type of post: Administrator (AD5-AD12)
- Number of posts: 1
- Duration: 5 Year(s)
- Security clearance: EU/NATO SECRET
- Directorate/Service: NMD/TEC/IAS - IT Strategy & Architecture Unit
- Competition publication date: 12/02/2020
- Competition closing date: 11/03/2020 (23:59 Brussels time)
- Reserve list: Applicable - See details in the "Useful information" section
Within the Network Management Directorate, "Technology" develops and maintains NMD's mission-critical systems, including all NM ops systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure; and supports the Agency's IT solutions and services (excluding MUAC).
The Enterprise Architect advises senior management on the enterprise architecture strategy and plays a vital role in achieving NM’s digital transformation. S/he defines, develops and maintains the enterprise architecture, and maps the enterprise architecture to the core EUROCONTROL aviation processes and underlying application, data and infrastructure architectures.
Your role will be to:
- Develop, implement and execute processes for the definition, maintenance and conformance management of the enterprise architecture;
- Update and oversee the key enterprise architecture deliverables;
- set up and maintain contacts with business units to understand business activities, drivers, and requirements; consider solution strategies and alternatives for possible implementation, and establish appropriate information system programs;
- Provide architectural leadership in the resolution of inter-program and inter-project issues and advice management, business areas, etc., in particular on business and information integration strategies;
- Create awareness, promote and communicate the enterprise architecture within the “Technology” division and other business units;
- Lead and coordinate all enterprise architecture activities with the business, IT architects, IT experts, etc.;
- Develop and coordinate architecture roadmaps and plans;
- Continuously research and assess new analysis approaches for potential use, and provide recommendations and subject matter expertise regarding trends, technology, tools and services;
- Check compliance within the enterprise architecture and reinforce adherence to standards, policies, procedures, etc.;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
Required qualifications, experience & competencies
- Completed university studies of 4 years (Master’s degree) in a relevant domain (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology);
- Enterprise Architect credentials such as TOGAF, Open CA, ArchiMate, etc. would be advantage;
- A minimum of 10 years’ of relevant enterprise architecture experience to perform the advertised tasks;
- Experience in using Enterprise Architecture frameworks;
- Experience in developing methods and techniques for modelling technologies;
- Experience in mapping business strategy to information strategy;
- Relevant experience acquired in the aviation or air transport industry would be considered an advantage;
- IT awareness and impact;
- Communication: Adapts communication to different situations and audiences;
- Strategic focus: Aligns action to strategy;
- Analytical skills: Applies methodical approach to complex information;
- Problem Solving: Anticipates and solves business issues;
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are French and English. For this particular job, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- Information on salary and benefits can be found on the web page: http://jobs.eurocontrol.int/what-we-offer
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.
- Candidates should read the tips on how to apply. Item 1 includes information on the EUROCONTROL competency models (technical & behavioural) – Candidates should refer to the behavioural competency model to know the behaviours expected for the different levels.