Associate Training Expert
Pôle de Dakar is the International Institute for Educational Planning’s (IIEP) Africa-based office located in Dakar, Senegal. IIEP is a UNESCO specialized institute with a mandate to strengthen Member States’ capacity to plan and manage their education systems. IIEP Pôle de Dakar, is renowned for its cutting edge educational sector analyses and supports African countries in developing realistic and credible education sector analyses and plans in support of the Education 2030 agenda, an essential part of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Through a capacity development approach, IIEP Pôle de Dakar contributes to the creation of diagnostic analyses, sector plans and pedagogical tools. In concert, these contribute to more relevant and sustainable educational policies across Africa. IIEP Pole de Dakar is also actively involved in applied research and tool development in educational policy, planning and management in Africa.
In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, IIEP continuously seeks creative ways to motivate, energize and grow its people by providing meaningful work and learning opportunities.
Overview of the functions of the post
Under the authority of the Director of IIEP and the Head of the Pole de Dakar, and under the direct supervision of the Programme Manager of the "Training" unit, the incumbent contributes to the proper implementation of activities relating to the design, development, management, administration, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the training activities of IIEP-Pole de Dakar. More specifically, the selected candidate will be assigned the following tasks:
1) Support the design, development, management, administration and delivery of all IIEP-Pole de Dakar training courses:
- Facilitate and support the design, delivery and evaluation of training programmes.
- Support and facilitate the organization, administration and management of training.
- Participate is identifying, selecting and managing teams that design training programmes.
- Coordinate and collaborate with technical experts and partners, in the design and development of e-learning content and its evaluation.
2) Support the monitoring and evaluation of IIEP-Pole de Dakar training activities:
- Develop and deploy tools to evaluate the training activities, in particular surveys with participants and their employers.
- Participate in the analysis of and reporting on data collected during the evaluation of training activities.
- Based on evaluation results, support the implementation changes to content and materials to enhance quality of training programmes.
3) Participate in the definition of the andragogic/pedagogical modalities to be implemented and in the choice of methodologies and technologies useful for trainings provision;
4) Document, manage and animate the network of trainees and alumni;
5) Participate in the coordination of training activities of the three IIEP offices;
6) Undertake any other tasks as may be assigned by the Programme Manager and the Head of IIEP-Pôle de Dakar.
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
• Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in the field of educational sciences preferably with a focus on adult education and training.
• Minimum two (2) years of work experience in the adult education and training field, of which preferably one (1) year acquired at international level.
• Experience in designing e-learning modules.
Skills and competencies
• Knowledge of education systems in Africa and issues related to education on the continent.
• Knowledge of Instructional design fundamentals and Adult Learning principles.
• Demonstrable knowledge of developing training material.
• Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools to improve the quality of training programmes.
• Knowledge and use of e-learning platforms such as MOODLE.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Ability to carry out missions in diverse and challenging environments.
• Ability to work in a diverse and multicultural environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent knowledge of French or English and good working knowledge of the other.
• Experience in developing MOOCs.
• Knowledge of Portuguese.
A written assessment exercise followed by a competency-based interview may be used to evaluate qualified candidates.
Benefits and entitlements
UNESCO’s salaries are calculated in US dollars. They consist of a basic salary and a post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, as well as exchange rates. Other benefits include: 30 days annual leave, family allowance, home travel, education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance. More details can be found on the ICSC Website.
Please note that UNESCO is a no-smoking Organization.
UNESCO is committed to promoting geographical distribution and gender equality within its Secretariat. Therefore, women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, as are nationals from non- and under-represented Member States. Persons with disabilities equally are encouraged to apply.
UNESCO applies a zero tolerance policy against all forms of harassment.
UNESCO DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS