Emergency Response Assistant (ERA)
Emergency Response Assistant will work in UNDSS office under overall supervision of the UN Security Advisor and will receive technical guidance/supervision from the Local Security Assistants (LSA) of the United Nations Department of Safety and Security.
The contract will be administered by UNDP.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
Assist in supporting all matters pertaining to the safety and security of UN personnel, premises and assets;
Backstopping UN Security Operations Centre (UNSOC) Emergency Communication Assistant (ECA) when and as required, operate all UN Security Communications Systems (SCS) in Iran and answer all incoming calls, respond to general inquiries and conduct radio check exercises. Keep logs for all communication records;
Track and report the staff on mission/vehicle tracking;
Coordinate his/her actions with the Security Adviser in cases of emergency or security issues concerning any UN Agency or UN staff member/personnel according to DSS protocols;
Assist in Admin and logistics supports in the following areas: prepare attendance records, maintain data bases and assets lists, documents update and filing, and ensure functionality of office equipment including vehicles. Maintain the record of the inventory of the DSS and arrange for immediate repairs or replacement of malfunctioning equipment;
Receive verbal and written messages from the SA and LSAs and where necessary circulate to security officials and UN staff members/personnel. Maintain chronological files for outgoing and incoming messages;
Assist the DSS in preparation and dispatch of the summary of security incident and other general information reports. Draft and translate note verbales, letters, notes and other correspondence.
Prepare payment requests for office expenses. Relate with required offices for procurement of equipment;
Assist in preparations and conducting security meetings and training sessions;
Provide required supports in order to maintain 24/7 UNDSS responsiveness.
Perform any other relevant operational and administrative duties as required.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to registry
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
Required Skills and Experience
- High school diploma or above.
- Having Knowledge in Telecommunications or Information Technology/electronics would be a bonus.
- Amateur radio licenses would be a bonus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the relevant filed.
- Skilled in Ms. Office, Internet, email, software and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Good coordination and control skills to act swiftly and adequately in case of emergencies, accidents, or any kind of problems with cars or offices in the field.
- Basic knowledge of the operation of HF and VHF radio voice/data systems, programming, installation and configuration of Codan and Motorola VHF/HF systems.
- Excellent fluency in English and Farsi.
- Must be able to work in a team, be responsive on 24/7 basis and be able to work for additional hours during emergency situations. Must be able to operate a 4x4 vehicle.
Important applicant information
All posts in the SC categories are subject to local recruitment.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.