International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced Accounting Analyst.
The Position: The Accounting Analyst will provide support to the Finance Unit for CIP-Kenya to ensure efficient and timely deliverable of their objectives. Key responsibilities:
• Reviewing and processing payments requests and stamping ‘’PAID’’ on all vouchers and support documentation
• Scanning and uploading journals on SharePoint
• Filing all journals, numbering the files for easy access
• Reviewing and posting of payments, attach Journals to the payment vouchers • Reviewing and posting of liquidations
• Preparation of bank reconciliation statements as per the calendar- ensure no pending reconciling items and bank recs are submitted on time
• Reconciliation of staff advances accounts and notifying staff with pending advances of more than 15days
• Reconciliation of account 62000 and 31000
• Submitting VAT invoices for VAT Exemption Certificate application and issuing the certificates to the vendors
• Petty cash management (processing petty cash requests, replenishment and reconciliation of the petty cash account
• Analyzing mileage monthly, putting the same on the excelerator ready for posting • Invoicing staff on mileage and follow up of payments of the same and reconciling staff mileage
• Scanning and uploading liquidations journals on the SharePoint • Making withholding tax payment before 20 th of every month and reconciliation of Withholding tax account
• Asset Management including asset verification, updating of asset register and uploading the link on the SharePointSelection Criteria
• A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field. • CPA II or ACCA level 2.
• At least two years of finance and accounting experience in a busy environment. • A team player accustomed to working with multi-cultural and diverse teams. • Advance level of MS Office, especially in Excel.
• Advanced Knowledge in software solutions (ERP).
• Advanced qualitative and quantitative analytical skills.
• Ability to write project and financial reports.
• Advance level in written and spoken English.
• Fluent in Kiswahili.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the- art R&D background, and is a recent World Food Price Winner and awarded with the Al-Sumait Award for our Orange Flesh Sweet Potato work in Africa. • CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
• CIP is a member of the CGIAR Consortium, a network of 15 research centers that are mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members. What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Kenya nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for a one-year term (with a 3- month probation period) and the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on February 19, 2020 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply
CIP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training). CIP also does not concern itself with information on applicants’ bank accounts.